Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What does that matter ? Its warm and dry up to mid Nov 

Ok Kev.... We get it, reverse psychology. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. To say right now that it's going to go right through mid-november with dry and warm conditions. I wouldn't really bet on that. Far. Too many things can happen between now and then. Maybe a general consensus would say somewhat stable and mild. But you know as well as any of us on here that it just takes one storm on one given weekend to change things. And when it does, you're going to be the first one calling 4-8 inches of Snow. YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT...LOL

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

Don’t even bother. He has no idea what he’s talking about and is nothing but a troll

Nobody knows mid November…so let’s be real. But I do agree, let’s enjoy this glorious weather for sure. Today was totally fabulous!  Plenty of time in 6-8 weeks from now to flip the script.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I'm beginning to believe this is the best stretch of weather like ever...

That could be correct.  Cooled off and dried out after mid August, and has been stellar ever since.  I guess the big question is, will there be a price to pay for this, coming up in the next few months?  Let’s hope so.  It all has to even out at some point. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That could be correct.  Cooled off and dried out after mid August, and has been stellar ever since.  I guess the big question is, will there be a price to pay for this, coming up in the next few months?  Let’s hope so.  It all has to even out at some point

Not necessarily.

3 minutes ago, WinterSnow said:

80s in late October? :blink: No thanks. Take it back! :thumbsdown: If I wanted that I'd go back down south. And I don't. Guess I'll have to move up further north?? (my dad joked with me about this when I ranted about this to him earlier... but nah. I chose CT.)

Relax…it happens.  You chose fine. You could be in central/northern Vermont where they were warmer than here for most of mid to late September.  Either way It won’t last.  

5 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Don’t even bother. He has no idea what he’s talking about and is nothing but a troll

You copy and paste twitter threads and only post about warm/dry weather. You're the JB of warm trolls

You have no clue what you're talking about either. And thanks for wasting one of your 5 daily posts on me again. 

• Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Not necessarily.

29 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Actually yes..necessarily.  But will it be during the winter? Or next spring/summer?  That’s the question? 

Wolfie, you think that temps will be below normal for a long enough period of time to cancel out all the warm departures over a longer duration?  Like in the long run?  Compared against “normals” that even rise every 10 years and cheat the temps from 50 years ago?

Or do you say that just as, there will be periods of colder than normal weather still?

I think we are going to continue to get short-duration higher-end cold season events (QPF rich storms into barely 0C thermals).  The mean thermals though will also continue to average out on the warmer than normal side with plenty of unfavorable parameters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

You copy and paste twitter threads and only post about warm/dry weather. You're the JB of warm trolls

You have no clue what you're talking about either. And thanks for wasting one of your 5 daily posts on me again. 

Are you naturally this stupid or did you have to take a class? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

I need to grow some late season ripening pawpaws at your place. You probably have one of the longest growing seasons in the region.

You ever have pawpaw jam?

My wife and I drove the entire blue ridge parkway around 5 years ago. We explored some dirt roads and pulled over to some dude selling paw paw jam and fresh papaws in the middle of nowhere in western NC. Was absolutely delicious and tasted like Juicy Fruit gum..

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

27F at SLK to 55F at ORH.

Large temp variation across the region this evening.

IMG_1126.gif.dd7af4b3fc2eb85446ab6e88651e5981.gif

Wind off Moosehead keeping Greenville mild (though all of the north is mild).

Missed the 40° range by 2 - 66/28.  Maybe today, as we had a frost and the afternoon should be warmer than yesterday.

Edit:  At 7 AM MLT and HUL had dropped into the 30s while Greenville is still 50.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Wolfie, you think that temps will be below normal for a long enough period of time to cancel out all the warm departures over a longer duration?  Like in the long run?  Compared against “normals” that even rise every 10 years and cheat the temps from 50 years ago?

Or do you say that just as, there will be periods of colder than normal weather still?

I think we are going to continue to get short-duration higher-end cold season events (QPF rich storms into barely 0C thermals).  The mean thermals though will also continue to average out on the warmer than normal side with plenty of unfavorable parameters.

Trend line is up so it won’t always get equal.