Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that trough middle of next week looks fairly legit.  GFS is coldest at 850mb temps… but GGEM and ECMWF also get slightly negative 850s and rotate them around for a few days late next week.

IMG_0853.thumb.png.c90d010e2fc1cdc7dd77abdafce744c4.png

it'll be less than that unfortunately for cold enthusiasts.   

15 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

When was the last aggregate DJF -anomaly anyway?  :lol:

DJF was slightly BN here in 21-22 thanks only to a very cold January.  Both 17-18 (coldest Dec here 1998-on) and 18-19 (all 3 months BN) were several degrees BN.  The 2 mildest DJFs here were 22-23 and 23-24, and that's what stands out in our memories.
Edit:  If my site had 1991-2020 norms, which include the cold Pinatubo years, 21-22 might've come in AN but not the other 2.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tamarack said:

DJF was slightly BN here in 21-22 thanks only to a very cold January.  Both 17-18 (coldest Dec here 1998-on) and 18-19 (all 3 months BN) were several degrees BN.  The 2 mildest DJFs here were 22-23 and 23-24, and that's what stands out in our memories.
Edit:  If my site had 1991-2020 norms, which include the cold Pinatubo years, 21-22 might've come in AN but not the other 2.

i suspect what he meant was ... 'when was the last time all three months were individually below average'

i don't mean to speak for torch tiger and i may not be right about that, but just in general ... often times in common vernacular folks will confuse aggregate vs qualitative

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i suspect what he meant was ... 'when was the last time all three months were individually below average'

i don't mean to speak for torch tiger and i may not be right about that, but just in general ... often times in common vernacular folks will confuse aggregate vs qualitative

We’re all speak for BIrving but I’m almost sure he meant the dec-feb aggregate.

• 100% 1

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can’t even recall the last time we had a stretch this dry.

2015/2016 probably. It's awesome. 

"Living where we do, it is extremely difficult to get long stretches of time without some sort of significant precipitation. That being said, we do occasionally string together several weeks or months of relatively dry weather. 2015 and 2016 were two very dry years, both averaging close to 10" below the average rainfall. Being a combined 20" below average in a two-year span was just about as dry as we have been in this area in our lifetimes."

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Which model and how’s the battery life?

I got the LB6151.   It comes with a smaller battery. Claims 75 minutes on a lower speed. 10 on turbo paint peeler mode.  
but I have big lawnmower batteries as well that fit.  Heavy but with the strap it is good.  Probably 30 minutes if turbo.  Couple of hours of regular.    
I can do most of my yard in an hour with my old blower. This should be faster. 

also, I could have saved $30 with a Mass Save coupon but I didn’t realize it until after I bought it.  Still a good deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was looking at that one, seemed to be the most powerful one on the market.

They make bigger:more powerful models. This one is fine though.  On sale at Lowe’s for $179.  At least in the store it was at that price.  Online it is $219. 

if you are going to get one, see about the $30 Mass Save coupon if in Mass.  I blew that.  

• Like 1