Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Our old friend Mr AK and west coast trough came back. Inferno to start Mowvember. 

the old standard method of telecon offer bleak outlook for cold/winter enthusiasts.  -pna/rising epo/neutral positive nao, all while the super synoptic indicators are warm dog shit

not that anyone asked, and i figure for no one really giving a shit what i want but   despite my having been following these ensuing warm anomaly days this weekend, i really am an early/front-loaded winter guy.    i get it that even prior to the hockey-stick climate f'ing era we are currently being pumped by, how front-loaded winters were rarer, anyway - but  hey, we all have our fetishes - they still seemed to occur every 5 or so years.. 

obviously history annuls some truly astounding winter storms beyond the first week of february.  despite that ... once the solar transition season gets underway around the 10th .. i just seem to be on autopilot and can't stop checking-out.  i am an interested met no matter what ...so that keeps me sort of dialed in, but ... i have trouble feeling truly inspired by winter by those late chapters.   it's like a book i lose interest in and put down with 3 to go. ha

but those rare years where it's white by mid novie and decembers go nuts, i'm all in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought of at @Damage In Tolland while reading this in the BOX discussion… :stein:

Our forestry partners at CT DEEP have requested a special
weather statement for elevated fire weather concerns in Hartford
and Tolland Counties. We plan on reaching out to our forestry
and fire weather partners in RI and MA for their input and a
possible special weather statement for those states as well.
  • 100% 1

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

Thought of at @Damage In Tolland while reading this in the BOX discussion… :stein:

Our forestry partners at CT DEEP have requested a special
weather statement for elevated fire weather concerns in Hartford
and Tolland Counties. We plan on reaching out to our forestry
and fire weather partners in RI and MA for their input and a
possible special weather statement for those states as well.

Yup. Fires will be raging . Woodlands consumed 

• 100% 1

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I guess I should say mid-October.  Maybe there is a some Halloween snow up there that lasted.

I know it hasn’t happened on Mansfield.

Just had to look.  I found 3 years in which October pack persisted, the earliest start date coming in 1976 when measurable cover began on 10/14.   MWN's coldest November helped keep the snow.  October 2005 had 78.9" and the depth reached 32", but late November warmth melted it all, with Dec 1-2 w/o measurable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2