Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

30 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Freak how ‘normal’ is that?  Looks like an orographic powder bomb with all this wind?

I was just looking at the Mansfield Stake Coop data... the earliest 12" or greater depth was ironically this same date October 16th, back in 2010.  From what I saw, it looks like official depth should be 12" on today's report.

The mean says November 20th.  The latest it's ever hit 12" or higher at any point was back in January 4, 2016 (that was the only year with 0" on Christmas Day).

Records back to 1954.  There are a lot of bigger storms grouped in the October 25 - 31st time frame.  But the 16th is early.

It is interesting how warm the ground is and how much that was eating into snowfall from underneath.  The elevated snow boards and things like that deck and table that are elevated and not exposed to warm ground seemed to accumulate more like 14-16".  But ground cover of 12" sounds right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was just looking at the Mansfield Stake Coop data... the earliest 12" or greater depth was ironically this same date October 16th, back in 2010.  From what I saw, it looks like official depth should be 12" on today's report.

The mean says November 20th.  The latest it's ever hit 12" or higher at any point was back in January 4, 2016 (that was the only year with 0" on Christmas Day).

Records back to 1954.  There are a lot of bigger storms grouped in the October 25 - 31st time frame.  But the 16th is early.

It is interesting how warm the ground is and how much that was eating into snowfall from underneath.  The elevated snow boards and things like that deck and table that are elevated and not exposed to warm ground seemed to accumulate more like 14-16".  But ground cover of 12" sounds right.

And We know what the 2010-2011 season brought….which I believe was also a La Niña..right? 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

32 again this morning.  We've touched 32 twice without seeing a frost but yesterday's 33 included a windshield-scraper morning.  Nanoclimate?

This is why I hate frost advisories. It is so difficult to know exactly when frost will form. 

I vote hard freeze at 28 and be done with it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Yeah. Days and days of 80's.

10_day_inland (41).png

lol buuut... gotta give Kevin the nod on that one.   he did not say "80s" ... nor days and days of it?   pretty sure he say a couple days of 80

given that spread there and well .. meteorology of that synopsis, 80 would be possible.    reminder, it was 80 to 82 for 3 or 4 days in november of 2020 in the interior

• Like 1
  • Confused 2