Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Anyone within 5 miles of CON want to get paid to measure snow for the NWS this season?

https://www.weather.gov/gyx/ConcordSnowObserver

Yeah I was going to advertise this too. It's getting harder and harder to find someone to do this for us. We lost AUG years ago and still haven't replaced the observation, for the state capital no less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah I was going to advertise this too. It's getting harder and harder to find someone to do this for us. We lost AUG years ago and still haven't replaced the observation, for the state capital no less.

That stinks, didn't realize 2 of your major climo sites were short.  I'll put some feelers out there fwiw.

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's some CoCoRAHS observers near by.  Not sure how consistent their data is, though.  Basically how I ended up with you guys. 

6 minutes ago, tunafish said:

There's some CoCoRAHS observers near by.  Not sure how consistent their data is, though.  Basically how I ended up with you guys. 

That is usually our first point of contact. Find the CoCoRaHS observers who have a solid reporting history. I know we've reached out to a few by CON. 

The problem is that you have to be within so many miles of the ASOS and a similar elevation, etc. It's hard to find dedicated weather weenies that meet all those criteria.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

Kinda saw that coming for the top…looks like a very sloppy couple inches at the base for jay. I’m sure the tram house at 4K is nice, but I think for 24-25 the score is Stowe 1, jay 0

Snowmobiles and snowcats are out to try and open the Gondola for “summer/fall ops” ha.

From Lift Ops…

IMG_3590.jpeg.2171000e3cd11016b4d0a8ed0a353ef8.jpeg

• Like 13
  • 100% 1

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hmmm .. not at all what I see but to each their own . I’ve been here since 2000.. and I’d say top 3 worst year foliage wise 

Can you recall 2005?  As May that year was awful, so were the fall colors.  They came late, were dull yellow-brown, and as they approached peak a 3-day northeast storm (6" worth) tore down 80% of the leaves.  There was no peak.
This year was a bit early and had more reds around the house than usual (reds are generally scarce here) though the peak was short (but quite nice), with many leaves dropping Oct 4-6.  Except for oaks and a few holdouts, it's stick season here.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Can you recall 2005?  As May that year was awful, so were the fall colors.  They came late, were dull yellow-brown, and as they approached peak a 3-day northeast storm (6" worth) tore down 80% of the leaves.  There was no peak.
This year was a bit early and had more reds around the house than usual (reds are generally scarce here) though the peak was short (but quite nice), with many leaves dropping Oct 4-6.  Except for oaks and a few holdouts, it's stick season here.

The peak here is about to commence. Color is superb..at least for West of the River.