Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup…we tried to tell ‘em that it would turn out very nice for a vast majority in SNE.  You just had to wait and let the color come, and mature/peak like it is currently. 

To be fair to Kevin. Which I hate to be. It has been kind of a meh year. The reds are definitely lacking. It's always going to be pretty in New England unless you get a real drought with big winds early.

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

To be fair to Kevin. Which I hate to be. It has been kind of a meh year. The reds are definitely lacking. It's always going to be pretty in New England unless you get a real drought with big winds early.

Colors are kicking out here the past four or five days, the next week will be peak.  The leaf peepers are going to be swarming this weekend with nice weather.   Good for local businesses bad for driving.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Nice!  That's always exciting.

I posted that screen grab from Stowe 27 minutes ago and it's over 4" now.  That's 1-2"/hr.

It is cranking into Mansfield right now and the best upper level support is still back up in Montreal.  Wonder if the top gets blasted by like 8" tonight.

KCXX_loop.gif.1e683414abe2f5dd68154e9b41fffcad.gif

Yeah, that’s pretty sick for this time of year.

I don’t have to encourage you to get up there and explore in the morning because I know you will. Enjoy, it’s all a memory in a few days.

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

But It is not meh here though..that’s the point. Maybe meh where he is, and you are, but not out west here. The color is really amplifying now. As Hippy just said, peak is gonna be this next week. 

And maybe some areas aren’t as good as others, but I would think that happens most years. We have lots of oranges, reds and yellows really coming out now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

Mansfield looks like the bullseye tonight. I’m in jersey, but looking at the cams in my yard, I’d guess an inch or two of glop at 1900’. Very much elevation dependent, as you would expect in October. Definitely some nice marketing material for Stowe and Jay tmrw morning. Looks like good snow for several more hours.

This weekend will feel real nice and warm.  The past 48-72 hours is a taste of what’s to come.

Almost 7” now at the plot. 10” 2-day total.

• Like 1