• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

Shocking how cold it gets in the interior on south vs the seacoast. I’m not a fan of early season cold; you guys can keep it.

DAW and PSM 39. Even if you give DAW “a few degrees too warm” factor still much warmer than most of you guys points much further south.

Only dew around these pahts.

All the plants are staying out through late November. 

The GFS op is trash for 2m temps. Pretty sure the progged highs will be surpassed by 10 a.m.

Today’s 6z MOS should be good with 55 for PSM, but basically a nowcast from that run.

Yesterday’s 12z GFS MOS for today’s high was 51! +4 in 18 hours. :arrowhead:

And that error is with boring Synoptics overhead…

Woof.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Doesn't look as torchy over the weekend. HP nearly overhead so limited mixing probably. Still many areas in the 70s I think. Will be nice.

Looks like a lot of 73-78 stuff Sat through next week. With bone dry Steinbrenner ground areas west of ORH to PVD  I’d bet we see some spots exceed model numbers and a few touch 79-80

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Can one drive to the summit now?  It's 53 years since we visited Whiteface on our honeymoon, and back then the road ended about 250' vertical below the top.  We walked thru a tunnel (still ice on the walls in late June) then took an elevator to the summit.  Also rode the decrepit and scary lift to Little Whiteface, but that's another story.

That is what I meant.  and from the pictures, it looks pretty nice.

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

It was 35 at 11 last evening and only dropped 2° after that - odd, as the sky was clear both then and this morning at 7.  Picked all the peppers this morning, as we may get under 30 tonight.

My wife had to scrape frost from the windshield at 7 AM, so colder on our driveway than at the max-min 15 feet away.  It may be because the tall lilac next to the instrument still has most of its leaves.

4 hours ago, jbenedet said:

The pattern upcoming looks really warm. 

Really effin nice mid Fall weather starting Friday, and improving over the weekend. I’m expecting mid 70’s. 

As early as this Thurs looks really good with highs around 60.

i'm waiting on the models to add 1.5 to even 2c at 850 in that look. 

i've noticed that warm signals are muted in that 850 mb metric in long ranges, just as much as cold signals tend to correct as having been too deep - however much, either case, notwithstanding. 

we saw 81 at ash and bed and fit back during that warm spell, nov 5-10, 2020 from a pattern similar to this look.  just sayn'

Click Image for larger 500-mb Map

• Like 1

Hi 52 Lo 36 currently 50F 34 Dew

Drove down Kevin's way on Sunday after church on way to E Longmeadow from Southbridge. Gray day, but the colors were worthy of Vermont. Looked like it was peak. The maples were stunning. Earlier this year than the last several. Here in Clinton, maples are maxing out and oaks are starting to put on their colors (bright reds, oranges, and yellows for them). Again, seems early.

• 100% 1

23 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Hi 52 Lo 36 currently 50F 34 Dew

Drove down Kevin's way on Sunday after church on way to E Longmeadow from Southbridge. Gray day, but the colors were worthy of Vermont. Looked like it was peak. The maples were stunning. Earlier this year than the last several. Here in Clinton, maples are maxing out and oaks are starting to put on their colors (bright reds, oranges, and yellows for them). Again, seems early.

Foliage is really ramping up for sure…despite what some say, it’s really looking great.  We’ll be peak by this weekend, and it’s gorgeous.   Yes, it’s earlier than the last few years. We’ve had much cooler nights this September and October, I think that’s helped it along.