BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

26 minutes ago, mcap77 said:

First snow of the year in Pittsburg

2024_10_14_20_24_50.jpg

Snow levels dropped fast this evening.  Even catpaws down at 750ft here in Stowe village.  Big ol' white rain splatting on the windshield.  Accums down through 1,300ft now.

Snow looks fluffy up high on the cam, ha.  Down to 26F at 3,600ft.

I love the warm and sunny weather, and will enjoy it after this event, but the snow puts a little hop in my step.  It was exciting today at the ski area.  High fives and fist bumps throughout the operations crew and other staff.  People get excited with the first real snow.

A shot out of the real camera of the 3" outside Stowe's Cliff House.

463300247_10105583221566090_290909051370

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Snow levels dropped fast this evening.  Even catpaws down at 750ft here in Stowe village.  Big ol' white rain splatting on the windshield.  Accums down through 1,300ft now.

Snow looks fluffy up high on the cam, ha.  Down to 26F at 3,600ft.

I love the warm and sunny weather, and will enjoy it after this event, but the snow puts a little hop in my step.  It was exciting today at the ski area.  High fives and fist bumps throughout the operations crew and other staff.  People get excited with the first real snow.

A shot out of the real camera of the 3" outside Stowe's Cliff House.

463300247_10105583221566090_290909051370

I have to admit, I was concerned you were going over to the bad place.  Welcome back....at least til the weekend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bwt3650 said:

I have to admit, I was concerned you were going over to the bad place.  Welcome back....at least til the weekend.

I will always love snow, but also understand that things are changing.  Sure, minimum temperatures continue to rise, but we are far enough north that it won’t matter as much… especially at elevation.  I hate saying it as it gets categorized as political.  It’s not.  We just want to be above the snow level.

13 hours ago, mreaves said:

One of my goals this summer was to drive up to the top of Whiteface and I never got around to it.  Next year.

Can one drive to the summit now?  It's 53 years since we visited Whiteface on our honeymoon, and back then the road ended about 250' vertical below the top.  We walked thru a tunnel (still ice on the walls in late June) then took an elevator to the summit.  Also rode the decrepit and scary lift to Little Whiteface, but that's another story.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Doesn't look as torchy over the weekend. HP nearly overhead so limited mixing probably. Still many areas in the 70s I think. Will be nice.

Feb sun angle. We really need the 850s 15C+ to pull off 80s now. 11-12C with cool mornings won’t cut it. 

• Like 4