Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The Pineneedles stuck to it will give a nice woodsy textured look.

If asked about how much effort I put into removing the mulch which fell in the paint in the afternoon, when I was pretty tired, I may be vague in my answer and quickly change the subject.

In a related note, labradors chasing tennis balls kick up quite a bit of mulch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Oh nice, surprising. Overall, little past peak here, Reds really popped about a week ago. Normally Columbus day is peak-ish give or take a couple days.

I think it was a little early this year. 

What was surprising was the vehicle ahead of me on the toll road on the way down. His brakes were smoking.   I drove down Pikes Peak and Mt Washington before and never saw that happen. 

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

Who ordered the fucking hurricane today? needed to mow the lawn, didn’t expect to be chasing the fucking leaves all fucking day. 

Today’s wind across the region seemed to be a surprise.  I’m sure the signals may have become present as it developed, but this was a fairly widespread synoptic wind event (especially by acreage covered in impacts, tree issues, power outages, etc).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today’s wind across the region seemed to be a surprise.  I’m sure the signals may have become present as it developed, but this was a fairly widespread synoptic wind event (especially by acreage covered in impacts, tree issues, power outages, etc).

My electric flickered a couple times, I was ready to take the genny out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

GYX had forecast strong winds, but didn't post the wind advisory until about 8 AM, which is when the windiest 3-4 hours commenced.  In the afternoon the wind advisory leapfrogged to east of Penobscot Bay.

• Like 1