Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wish we were there. As much as Scooter is deeply struck with disdain from recent winters, scooter can’t let it go. It’s in his DNA. So let’s go winter. Can’t get any worse. I’m back.

I trust the averages, even in this rapidly evolving climate.  You are going to get some decent snowstorms at some point.  Statistically you can’t continue like this.  Just like you wouldn’t expect that 2000s decadal run to continue, cumulating with 2015.

There’s reason to be optimistic for snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I trust the averages, even in this rapidly evolving climate.  You are going to get some decent snowstorms at some point.  Statistically you can’t continue like this.  Just like you wouldn’t expect that 2000s decadal run to continue, cumulating with 2015.

There’s reason to be optimistic for snow.

The center of fuck jobs was here when honestly I was close to the center of what can go right for many years. I get it. But man the season is hard when it’s 40s and rain for 6 months. 

• 100% 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The center of fuck jobs was here when honestly I was close to the center of what can go right for many years. I get it. But man the season is hard when it’s 40s and rain for 6 months. 

Stop!  Get your head in the right place dammit!  It’s gone snow this winter..you’ll see. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wtf happened last night.

Wind came out of no where and it got real warm.

Temps rose to 63F at 4am (normal min 37F) and winds gusting 40-50mph.  Leaves are gone, ha.

46F at 8:30pm, then 63F at 4am in some crazy wind.

Brief mid level warm sector. We already have CAA working in. 

54.8° -SHRA

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Winters following a 6” or more of October snow at ORH have been BN in total snowfall

*edit.  2020-2021 was a good winter

***this is all tongue in cheek. 

But I'm not sure if there's any type of system that's going to give you any snow like that coming up anytime soon, not from what I'm seeing?