Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Didn’t several posters in SNE mention heavy frosts all this week were coming? Who has seen one in SNE? Post em up!

Nobody posted that.  You and Tiger torch said no frosts into Dec…that’s what was being denounced, and challenged.  Autumn is in firm control in SNE is the point.  

• Like 3
  • Crap 1
  • 100% 2

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody posted that.  You and Tiger torch said no frosts into Dec…that’s what was being denounced, and challenged.  Autumn is in firm control in SNE is the point.  

Yes there most definitely was posters expecting heavy frosts this week in SNE. Several of them 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1
  • Crap 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 100% 1

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

And the cold gets stronger . . .

First 32 of the season, almost 3 weeks later than average.  More to come next week.  Today's wind will pull down some more leaves, but the big drop came Saturday-Monday.  We're at about 75% drop; ash is bare and white birch almost the same, maples and yellow birch at 30-90% drop, oaks dragging as usual, mostly still green.

Yeah we go from 50s to 40s. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Think positive…don’t fall into the troll trap. It’s not healthy Scott.  

When you sit back and actually think about some of the troll comments logically, it's actually funny.  It's just ridiculous stuff.  There is no one on this board that knows what will happen four months from now.  There is no way anyone can actually make a predication about frost or not 45 days from now, let alone the snow totals in the month of February.  We all root on the weather we wish for, and there has to be a healthy balance between the wish casters and those who put us back in touch with reality, but lately, it's all about who can make the most dramatic doom and gloom prediction out there.  

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

When you sit back and actually think about some of the troll comments logically, it's actually funny.  It's just ridiculous stuff.  There is no one on this board that knows what will happen four months from now.  There is no way anyone can actually make a predication about frost or not 45 days from now, let alone the snow totals in the month of February.  We all root on the weather we wish for, and there has to be a healthy balance between the wish casters and those who put us back in touch with reality, but lately, it's all about who can make the most dramatic doom and gloom prediction out there.  

Doom and gloom if you like cold and snow.  That's the important part.  The assumption is you do enjoy cold, snow, winter.

I honestly can't blame people who are beaten down though.  It's been a tough few years for some folks on here.  And it is getting warmer.  I mean, we haven't seen a below normal month up here since last November.  But it still is going to snow, it's just interesting to me how much warmer than normal it seems to be on average.  Though I totally get people see that as doom and gloom; that's not what I'm trying to do.  I'd talk about it the same if we were below normal every month since last November.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes there most definitely was posters expecting heavy frosts this week in SNE. Several of them 

Went back to Thu Oct 3rd and found a comment where Scott said HoarfrostHubb could get a frost this week.  On Tues Oct 8 Kdxken posted a comment from NWS that there was a moderate risk for a more widespread frost Oct 16-17.  Other than that, any frost comments were related to NNE.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, masonwoods said:

Went back to Thu Oct 3rd and found a comment where Scott said HoarfrostHubb could get a frost this week.  On Tues Oct 8 Kdxken posted a comment from NWS that there was a moderate risk for a more widespread frost Oct 16-17.  Other than that, any frost comments were related to NNE.

Yes and thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

What's even funnier is the weenie symbol you got from Kev. Sometimes I wonder about him and his infatuation with weenies.

Anywho..... Agree with Wolf and your comment on these trolls. I might comment on some of their posts just because of the ridiculousness of what spews out from their flytraps. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1
  • 100% 1

48 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Killington is sort of like CNE?  It's like Winni latitude.  Not sure how many 3k elevations are south of there.  Monadnock?

was referring to C NH where I had lived but the dumb troll had to make that comment.  Waking up in early October, look out the window at 3k peaks on the southern end of the Whites and seeing white at the tops.  But whatever makes people feel better :lol:

• Weenie 1