Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

On 10/6/2024 at 8:18 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats I guess. I’ll take colder daytime highs and snow in marginal events while the radiators rain . To each their own 

Check out KevMA's snow table and see how poorly we do for snow.  CAD is our winter friend here though upslope is essentially nil.

Did you miss the post about blooms in Portland Maine? Looks like mid July there..

Portland also isn't representative of most of Maine.  The "lawn warrior" 20 miles NW in Raymond gets 20%+ more snow than PWM and is significantly colder, especially in winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if it were not for the fact that 00z euro-like shenanigans have actually taken place in objective reality ...several times since the year 2000, i'd say the euro's 00z sell for day 7.5 is impressive. but as it were ( and has been ) that model's solution is becoming expected - it seems to be a part of this local era climate signal to do so in late oct!

either way, with huge air mass d(types) over climatological shallow time changes, the charts are starting to remind me of that back half of october into early novie 2020.    not calling for any anologs ... just sensible weather look.   it should be noted that both the ggem and gfs for that d6-8 have at least, albeit transient, whole sale +pnap and cold snap advection synoptics for the eastern gl/ n ov and ne regions.

as an aside ... recall 2020 saw a sizable snow anomaly ( rel to climo ) drop through the region on oct 30, and then by the 6-10th of novie was 70 to 80 in the interior. 

16 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Did you miss the post about blooms in Portland Maine? Looks like mid July there..

Portland also isn't representative of most of Maine.  The "lawn warrior" 20 miles NW in Raymond gets 20%+ more snow than PWM and is significantly colder, especially in winter.

100%.  It's representative of Coastal Cumberland/York counties, and that's about it.  The "mid-July" look isn't entirely a product of our climate/growing season, either - we're thoughtful about what blooms and when so we have color and something to harvest from Feb-Nov (starting with cold-frame greens and ending with carrots).