Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For those that were surprised at their low temps this morning in the fakiatior areas.. I think the dry soils played a large role . We’ve had an inch or less of rain since Aug 20th and the ground is parched.no moisture  

good point .. 1.3" here since 8/20 

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

Just now, tunafish said:

This stretch has been a blessing as we have several projects we're finishing up...extended the chicken run for 4 new black osterlorps, dug and filled a 50 foot French drain. 

Still need to stain the surround on the new outdoor shower and get my NWS gear set up before it freezes (stake currently being used as an anchor for a temporary chicken run).

Screenshot_20241006_160417_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241006_160421_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241006_160437_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That 51 is not even close to be representative of inland locations. You guys are in your own micro climate there.  

Did you miss the post about blooms in Portland Maine? Looks like mid July there..

Just now, BrianW said:

Did you miss the post about blooms in Portland Maine? Looks like mid July there..

As it should in the first week of October.  And Nope…didn’t miss it.   Not questioning your temp..but it was 10 plus degrees colder away from the water. 

• Crap 1

FYI to all yard workers. The yellow jackets aren't done. Hadn't been stung all year but ran into a monster nest today. Only stung five times thankfully. On the bright side, I set the world record (senior division) for the 50-yard dash in chainsaw boots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1
  • 100% 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just missed them here.  We went to a place with a good view and another chaser said we had been a few minutes late. She got some good pics 

Didn't last very long. 5 minutes later they were down to a faint purple, and nothing at all now 

• Like 1

Can’t believe how many bees are out there still doing their business at some of the flowers. It’s really great to see at this point in the season. Sadly I pulled a few dazed honeybees out of my birdbath that looked like they were on deaths door, perhaps they had a little too much to drink! I think they all managed to make it except for one that was still a little tipsy as I was heading back inside. It was an interesting afternoon to say the least with all the crazy birds and the bees in our yard!

• Like 1