Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Expecting substantial warm air advection Monday with veering low level winds from near surface to 850mb. Vertical mixing during the day and noting how warm temperatures reached for Sunday, used the NBM 95th percentile for high temperatures Monday, ranging mainly in the upper 70s to lower 80s. Some record high temperatures could be reached or even exceeded in some locations.

Windy tomorrow too with gusts to 30mph. Expect fires .Santa Wolfie ?

• Haha 2

Drove home to Clinton the long way today, up through Spencer, Paxton, Holden, Princeton, and Sterling. The oaks are stealing the show now, thought there are some maples blazing in the lower elevations (Paxton, Princeton over 1200'). Really beautiful. With all the complaints about dulls and browns in Connecticut, I'm surprised by how lovely it is up here. Mostly golds now (maples, birches, etc.), with the umbers, deep reds/scarlets, yellows, and oranges of the oaks. Guess the little slice of Central Mass (farthest south to central-north) got lucky. 

High 70 (Ridgefield Condo world in Clinton) low 43. Very frosty in lowlands this morning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Drove home to Clinton the long way today, up through Spencer, Paxton, Holden, Princeton, and Sterling. The oaks are stealing the show now, thought there are some maples blazing in the lower elevations (Paxton, Princeton over 1200'). Really beautiful. With all the complaints about dulls and browns in Connecticut, I'm surprised by how lovely it is up here. Mostly golds now (maples, birches, etc.), with the umbers, deep reds/scarlets, yellows, and oranges of the oaks. Guess the little slice of Central Mass (farthest south to central-north) got lucky. 

High 70 (Ridgefield Condo world in Clinton) low 43. Very frosty in lowlands this morning.

It looks great around here in some areas.. no complaints this year

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah these diurnals yesterday and now today are really the bigger story for me personally.    autumn has always been known in numerical record keeping ( april, too - when not being backdoor harassed) as the big diurnals month.   the air is dryer... that's it. that's the reason.   but usually that's 30, sometimes 35.  even rarer, 40 degree spreads.   we're 45 two days in a row.  i'm not sure if the diurnal change is a record that is actually kept but these deltas have balls.  

really is winter to summer in a matter of hours

Iowa State is going to have to expand the graph..

month_10__year_2024__station_BDL__network_CT_ASOS__dpi_100 (1).png

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes .. and this . Jerry bought it while working at the  VA and brought it in to play the holiday party and just ripped up the joint 

lol….actually I bought it about 17 years before I worked at the VA.  But we had some great parties off site off hours.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J Paul Gordon said:

It looks incredible here.  Anything other is complete frieken NONSENSE.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, J Paul Gordon said:

The complaints from CT are confined to Tolland, where they are apparently having an awful foliage season.

• Haha 1
  • 100% 1

4 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

The complaints from CT are confined to Tolland, where they are apparently having an awful foliage season.

There have been several in CT that have confirmed. A poster from Southington said scattered color but much brown . It’s the same down in your area but a bit better due to rains you received . I was in S ORH county Friday and the color was not good. Same as here 

• Crap 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There have been several in CT that have confirmed. A poster from Southington said scattered color but much brown . It’s the same down in your area but a bit better due to rains you received . I was in S ORH county Friday and the color was not good. Same as here 

Not so good around here but it's much better north of here. Very spotty here.

• Like 1
  • 100% 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One of the worst years here on the shoreline for color...

Screenshot_20241020_193542_Gallery.jpg

• 100% 1