• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Rocktober Obs/DISCO

40/70 Benchmark

so ... both the met and mav machine/mos coverage are right around 70 for sat maxes along the bdl-fit-ash-bed arc of the interior.

the 850's are ~ +13c ... there's a light w to sw flow through the region, with way < 50% ceiling level rh values, while a neutral-dvm column.  in other words, unadulterated sun.

it's an interesting test here, because those metrics in that relationship should synergize ( at least some ...) warmer, while at the same time it's tough to ignore the sun is nearing the southern tree line at zenyth - i.e., getting tepid by now.

the straight up adiabat from 13 is about 74 or 75, but that doesn't include the 2-meter super adiabatic slope temp... which can be 3 or 5 f above the adiabat after april 1 or so.  not so sure about october 17 and fade away jump shots tho.

it's not like the models can't 'see' the warmth entirely ... mex is over 75 on monday.   but i'm curious if we can get an 80 out of the climo sites per the course of this sat - next tues ... 

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

so ... both the met and mav machine/mos coverage are right around 70 for sat maxes along the bdl-fit-ash-bed arc of the interior.

the 850's are ~ +13c ... there's a light w to sw flow through the region, with way < 50% ceiling level rh values, while a neutral-dvm column.  in other words, unadulterated sun.

it's an interesting test here, because those metrics in that relationship should synergize ( at least some ...) warmer, while at the same time it's tough to ignore the sun is nearing the southern tree line at zenyth - i.e., getting tepid by now.

the straight up adiabat from 13 is about 74 or 75, but that doesn't include the 2-meter super adiabatic slope temp... which can be 3 or 5 f above the adiabat after april 1 or so.  not so sure about october 17 and fade away jump shots tho.

it's not like the models can't 'see' the warmth entirely ... mex is over 75 on monday.   but i'm curious if we can get an 80 out of the climo sites per the course of this sat - next tues ... 

I'll take the over the machine.

47 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Keep in mind that the cool season equations were implemented 10/1 and the transition buffer ended on 10/15. 

On 10/15/2024 at 8:23 PM, DavisStraight said:

Nice stove, what Brand? Looks like a Drolet

27.1⁰ for the low this morning, the coldest so far this season. Only hit 59⁰ so far....

Thanks....It's actually a Regency, it has been a workhorse since we got it a few years ago. We have used roughly 3-4 cords per season combined with 75 - 100 gallons of oil for our 2600 sqft house. 

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

27.1⁰ for the low this morning, the coldest so far this season. Only hit 59⁰ so far....

Thanks....It's actually a Regency, it has been a workhorse since we got it a few years ago. We have used roughly 3-4 cords per season combined with 75 - 100 gallons of oil for our 2600 sqft house. 

Pretty similar numbers I have with my Woodstock Progress Hybrid, Woodstock makes great top quality stoves. I'm heating 3000 sf and use a little over 200 gallons of oil a year and I use for hot water.

• Like 1

October vibe in the neighborhood before sundown.  Being along the river, walking the dog, it's fake cold prone.  While the upper ski slopes face E/NE and are shadowed during the max diurnal heating time of day (excellent snow preservation on that eastern slope of Mansfield)... we see some decent afternoon sunshine in the valley.  Once we lose that insolation, it drops fast.

image.thumb.png.e7acc71884bdc29ce5c29505c97af870.png

Local PWS and MVL are 30-32F this evening.  Looks like SLK, HIE, BML ASOS are below freezing already.

It's kind of crazy that ORH is at 50 degrees right now.

1958304.gif.b6ecc597c134028db18406ca9633cd46.gif

• Like 4