Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

oU1v23C_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr
7R39J9m_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

Absolutely beautiful, I actually love the photos that are “just a hint” of Aurora contrasted with the normal sky. I think it’s super beautiful. 

I’m right in the line of 40N and they were originally saying the line of visibility would be near the Sussex border, so this is pretty amazing (again!).

Enjoy guys, this is special! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Absolutely beautiful, I actually love the photos that are “just a hint” of Aurora contrasted with the normal sky. I think it’s super beautiful. 

I’m right in the line of 40N and they were originally saying the line of visibility would be near the Sussex border, so this is pretty amazing (again!).

Enjoy guys, this is special! 

It’s visible down to Atlantic City apparently. Maybe more will come through the night. 

5 hours ago, lee59 said:

This transition from summer to fall has so far been about as normal as it gets, as far as temperatures go.

Really something that we're probably looking at a 3rd month in a row with perfectly normal temps. We've gotten so used to way above normal temps with climate change. If only this could continue into winter, but I doubt it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Really something that we're probably looking at a 3rd month in a row with perfectly normal temps. We've gotten so used to way above normal temps with climate change. If only this could continue into winter, but I doubt it. 

But they would be well above normal if we went by average temps in the 90s or 00s or hell even the 2010s

The goal posts have shifted to such an extreme degree that it's shocking when a month isn't top 5 warmest ever.

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

But they would be well above normal if we went by average temps in the 90s or 00s or hell even the 2010s

The goal posts have shifted to such an extreme degree that it's shocking when a month isn't top 5 warmest ever.

they wouldn’t be well above normal.

There has been a shift but don’t make it sound like we’re running 5° warm versus 1995.

The rapid shift really occurred post 2010. which means the averages will really jump when the 1990s are removed from the average. But that is 20 years from now and that’s why they use a 30 year rolling average. because they may not jump as much as we think they will. We need to see.

The whole point of the 30 year average system is to avoid narratives like this of rapidly moving goalposts

38 minutes ago, bluewave said:

We actually got a favorable rainfall shift for people hoping for rain. Models shifted the warm front south and it stalls across Central NJ. So we could see some beneficial rains Sunday night into Monday. The 80° original forecast for Sunday will probably verify down closer to Philly.

IMG_1519.thumb.png.9e7a8f96af8152a180f8a2eca04f5de7.png

IMG_1520.thumb.png.afc89ee50c44e1ca58508c3d1d953114.png

Euro is good for rain but other models remain well north.

Beautiful pictures last night, but mother nature should really schedule these beautiful light shows when the Yankees and Devils are not playing.  

Quite honestly, I have the failures of the 1980s Yankees to thank for my love of weather.   Looking up at the cumulus clouds took the pain away...

Gave in and fired up the furnace this morning.  The cat,  Amanda "Manda" heard the furnace click on and took off to her favorite heating vet!    The breeze was pretty brisk all night and that kept the temperatures from really dropping here on top of the hill.  Low was 39.  Was much colder in the usual NJ cold spots.

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 7.42.04 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 7.42.15 AM.jpg

• Like 1