• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
lacross 79400 question

corvairbob

i have the lacrosse 79400 weather station and i have had tons of issues with the vane pointing in the correct direction. i have tried lots of different arrow styles and none seem to work. the last one i made seems to work the best but still not perfect.  the issue is the vane just seems to be to easy spin.  so does anyone happen to know if those bios style pointers will hold into the wind better than the ones that seem to be on most of the other style weather vane systems?

i have a home made vane and anemometer on the shed and that pointer does a way better job of pointing to the wind. it is sensitive enough to move with the wind that rustles the leaves and does not whip around like a chopper blade in heavy winds.

what i was hoping to do was find a weather station system the is kind of like the bios units that have the vane on the top of the unit and take the vane and electrics off and place them on my shed vane, but i need to get those in the 915mhz freq. for the lacrosse base unit. and the bios units i have found seem to all be 433mhz\.

but if the bios vane can hold more steady in the wind i may just put that on the lacrosse and use it that way. so if anyone has the bios units and the vanes do hold steadier and do not whip around like tops then i will source one and try it. thanks