Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Hurricane Helene: Remnants Impact to Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

15 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm hopeful for some beneficial rains on Sunday/Monday as the closed low opens up and swings through. 

Yeah we'll see on that. GFS looks less impressive and Euro more impressive with precip associated with that over recent runs. They have flip flopped. At this point I am just looking forward to the midweek front that clears this stagnant, muggy airmass out of here and brings some nice early Fall weather with actual sunny days.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Cloudy with spotty drizzle here for days. No rain of significance. Less than a tenth.

Radar doesn't look too encouraging for tonight. Even the modest quarter to half inch forecast would seem a longshot at this point.

The models showed the eastern shore getting skunked rather consistently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

The radar is pretty confusing. Shouldn't the heavy blob on the Eastern Shore be west of DC? Shouldn't it be moving NW and not NE lol. Cloudy and humid is getting really boring. 

But we have the spotty drizzle to make things interesting. B)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Like the rest of the interesting weather <_< It's been like a no weather-fun zone around here since 2016.

Not sure I agree with that. A couple beach blizzard chases in there and a pretty epic January 2022. Gotta be wiling to travel an hour or 2 sometimes. Pretty big differences in sensible weather can occur over relatively short distances in our area.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Seems like interesting weather in general. East of 95 has been a snoozer. We'll make up for it this winter when he get hammered with La Nino, flatland blizzards.

La Nina ;)

But I agree in general. I predict one significant coastal plain snow event. Not a bold call based on recent Nina history.

• 100% 1

26 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Like the rest of the interesting weather <_< It's been like a no weather-fun zone around here since 2016.

I mean 2018 being the wettest year, Isaias turning into a Nor’easter right over us in 2020, temps in the single digits on Christmas Day 2022 certainly isn’t what one has in mind in regards to nothingburgers.

49 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not sure I agree with that. A couple beach blizzard chases in there and a pretty epic January 2022. Gotta be wiling to travel an hour or 2 sometimes. Pretty big differences in sensible weather can occur over relatively short distances in our area.

Yeah but you didn't used to have to do that tho...I mean I'm seriously considering, despite little athletic ability (that I know of), skiing this winter up in PA. Crying shame I gotta go that far because we've sucked here in areas where people actually live. I mean what percentage of the population lives at the dang beach? Lol

14 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah but you didn't used to have to do that tho...I mean I'm seriously considering, despite little athletic ability (that I know of), skiing this winter up in PA. Crying shame I gotta go that far because we've sucked here in areas where people actually live. I mean what percentage of the population lives at the dang beach? Lol

You won't find much natural snow in PA.

He'll even in deep creek there wasn't any natural snow around when I skied there last winter.

Skiing is so much better when there is also some fresh natural snow on the ground.

Skiing with slop and mud between the trails isn't the same.

• Haha 1

I'm up camping on the mountain at 3k feet at DCL and it's very windy and rainy.  It was so windy that when I was hiking around walking the dog it blew my heavy composite rocking chair right into my fire pit and melted the top of it.  Having a hard time falling asleep in the tent with the freight train wind going over the mountain.  Really need that cabin to be finished.  HVAC was installed this week so we're getting closer.  

• Like 2

I'm up camping on the mountain at 3k feet at DCL and it's very windy and rainy.  It was so windy that when I was hiking around walking the dog it blew my heavy composite rocking chair right into my fire pit and melted the top of it.  Having a hard time falling asleep in the tent with the freight train wind going over the mountain.  Really need that cabin to be finished.  HVAC was installed this week so we're getting closer.  

Pleasant here. I’m assuming about a 5mph wind. Was hoping for some quality remnants, but it jogged too far west. I do see some showers to the south, so maybe those will mix some breeze down.

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Ocean City :wub: 

• Like 1