Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

BooneWX

17 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Worth noting there his a high degree of forecast error possible after landfall, in terms of track and wind, due to the complex interaction with the ULL as well as poor forecast accuracy related strength and placement of ULLs to begin with. 

Good valid points. I agree with Snowgoose in that the stronger Helene is the more East She will trek as the ULL will have a tougher time pulling her around it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strongwxnc said:

Yup! As a person who covers buses at my school and they leave around 5:25am, this is good info to make decisions early !

As a retired teacher and administrator with 34 years of experience including 8 years of making the call on closings there is no decision to make. Tomorrow the busses stay parked.

• Like 2
  • 100% 2

13 minutes ago, jburns said:

As a retired teacher and administrator with 34 years of experience including 8 years of making the call on closings there is no decision to make. Tomorrow the busses stay parked.

Our county just pulled the trigger about an hour ago. Closed school the rest of the week. A great decision indeed and couldn't agree more.

• 100% 3

My office is in clarkesville ga. Tornado warning popped up on phones and the sirens went off (around 3ish). Was super dark and the clouds were swirling. Radar had classic hook on it. Not sure if we saw a funnel but there were reports of one - then the wind and rain hit and almost instantly flooded the road. Entire town lost power.  If this is what happens again tomorrow going to be wild

• BooneWX changed the title to Major Hurricane Helene