Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

BooneWX

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

McDowell is a war zone. Trying to access my property but I can't even get there. 

This is the most devastating impact imaginable for western NC. Literally our worst fears came to fruition. I’m praying for your family.

15 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

This is the most devastating impact imaginable for western NC. Literally our worst fears came to fruition. I’m praying for your family.

Thank you. We are about to pack up and leave to somewhere with power. It will take days and weeks for McDowell and WNC to recover. Maybe even years. With the river at 21.5 I'm fairly certain my home is flooded. Glad I made be decision to leave. My prayers are with everyone. I dread the upcoming news 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hate to say this but the sun just popped out here. ~While I had quite a bit of rain prior days only 1.17” since midnight with the highest wind gust of 32mph. We have quite a lot of family in Boone area. Obviously a total different story. Have contacted almost all and they are all still in their homes. No power of course but that’s about it.

34 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

McDowell is a war zone. Trying to access my property but I can't even get there. 

I feel so helpless. Trying to get back to Old Fort as quickly as possible but fear it won't be until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest...if it's even possible