• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

BooneWX

Still holding onto power, however spectrum service is out. Sending this out using verizon lte hotspot 

Here in Catawba county. Still have power where I am at but just looking at the Outage map for Duke energy tells an entirely different story.

Burke / Caldwell seem worse 

Screenshot 2024-09-27 092257.png

Anyone in the Greenville-Simpsonville, SC area? My parents are supposed to drive from Philly to Roanoke, VA this afternoon to go to Simpsonville tomorrow to see my grandparents. My grandparents don't drive so I can't rely on them to tell me how bad it actually is down there.  Is it even going to be possible for my parents to get into Simpsonville tomorrow or are there many roads closed in the area? I've been on the phone all morning trying to convince my Dad not to leave until Sunday but not really getting far, I don't think he realizes how hard they got hit.

Anyone in the Greenville-Simpsonville, SC area? My parents are supposed to drive from Philly to Roanoke, VA this afternoon to go to Simpsonville tomorrow to see my grandparents. My grandparents don't drive so I can't rely on them to tell me how bad it actually is down there.  Is it even going to be possible for my parents to get into Simpsonville tomorrow or are there many roads closed in the area? I've been on the phone all morning trying to convince my Dad not to leave until Sunday but not really getting far, I don't think he realizes how hard they got hit.

I'm in Greenville/Mauldin right next to Simpsonville. Most of the county including myself has no power. 90% of Greenville County is out of power. Trees down near me including my backyard. No traffic lights near me, tree blocking main rd near me. Not sure when they will get to us but since it's so widespread, it might take longer. I'm suspecting Simpsonville is more of the same. The weather will be fine as soon as this afternoon but cleanup might take awhile. Hope you had helps.

• Thanks 1

I'm in Camden, SC and we have a decent amount of trees and power lines down in the area.  The transmission line that supplies power to the city is damaged so all power is out here.  Duke owns the line and there is no estimate on when it will be repaired.