• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

BooneWX

I hope everyone here and everyone in general stays safe. This is a significant event unfolding. We can't stress enough how serious this event could be as the main circulation comes through in the morning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Disc said:

I hope everyone here and everyone in general stays safe. This is a significant event unfolding. We can't stress enough how serious this event could be as the main circulation comes through in the morning. 

It's going to be a long night and early morning for sure :(  

• Like 4

I have a feeling I'm not going to bed tonight.  It was raining fairly heavily from around Wilksboro to Boone on my drive home.  Oddly enough, once I got up to Beech, the rain essentially stopped.  It's super foggy though. 

I seriously pray everyone will remain safe and well in the next day or two.  When in doubt, air on the side of caution and don't take any unnecessary risks.  I hope everyone is either already out of the way of the flooding or will get away ASAP.  

• Like 2

Mandatory evacuations for the town of Rosman. 

Based on your handle, which I like, I assume you are in southern Transylvania county near the escarpment. We bought property a number of years ago in a low key POA out East Fork Rd out past Connesstee Falls. Hope to build there in 3-5 years. The area from Ceasar Head to Lake Toxaway will likely total 15-25”. The land of Waterfalls is going to be raging! Best of luck and be safe!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jdt said:

Based on your handle, which I like, I assume you are in southern Transylvania county near the escarpment. We bought property a number of years ago in a low key POA out East Fork Rd out past Connesstee Falls. Hope to build there in 3-5 years. The area from Ceasar Head to Lake Toxaway will likely total 15-25”. The land of Waterfalls is going to be raging! Best of luck and be safe!

Yes connestee has already picked up over 15.5”. I’m in Lake Toxaway we’ve had 13.35 since yesterday. 

• Like 1

I am sure a lot of us are in the path, but I have seen maps today with gust over my house @ 80MPH.  We are as prepared as we can be.

I hope everyone is stays safe and dry but what is unfolding in the GOM is really a worst case scenario.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Yes connestee has already picked up over 15.5”. I’m in Lake Toxaway we’ve had 13.35 since yesterday. 

Will the dam hold with those kind of rates?  I remember the stories from my grandmother who lived on the Keowee River as a kid and the Toxaway dam failed.