Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
2024-2025 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

Buckethead

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Seems like the snow line here on Haywood is about 4k plus.. I had snow but it is just too early on in the season.  Nice to see the peaks coated in mid October. 

Yeah, it coated everything here and and everything is white but if it had been two weeks later, we probably would have had 2-3 inches. Had .2 qpf but think it might have been a little more, have to set my weather station up in a better place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris21 said:

Yeah, it coated everything here and and everything is white but if it had been two weeks later, we probably would have had 2-3 inches. Had .2 qpf but think it might have been a little more, have to set my weather station up in a better place.

Yeah get this at the end of the month and I'd say even some towns like Maggie and Canton here see snow.  A nice event though for the 15th and 16th of October. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

About 3" at the top of the bald (5516'). Found bobcat tracks following turkey tracks on the AT. The nnw wind direction is the optimum direction for us here, which explains why we still have flurries.f58650ec3d9070b14af802466240dd61.jpg3fc2a41d2b2f177adb9fac7d8cbcd90f.jpg1573bbcb73583cd67ea8f45e6c8b09ac.jpgb910192c6814926fe73751de87384c7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Beautiful shots as always. Would have been a great night to camp up there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

As beautiful as it is, I hate this for folks who’ve lost needed warm clothes, shelter and heat. 

I do to but we are marching everyday towards colder and colder weather.  No way of getting around that. From what I can gether there has been a huge outpouring in communities to get people winter gear and blankets for people. 

• Like 5
  • 100% 1