Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
2024-2025 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

Buckethead

18 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Just roll with it. Just stay up to date and make sure your prepared. 

Good advice.  I had to come to Camp Lejeune yesterday and today for a meeting and will be driving back to Beech tomorrow.  Better put some swim flippers on the back of my car.  I will try to leave as early AM as I can, but it's 6.5 hour drive in good conditions.  

• Like 1

Just now, gopack42 said:

Good advice.  I had to come to Camp Lejeune yesterday and today for a meeting and will be driving back to Beech tomorrow.  Better out some swim flippers on the back of my car.  I will try to leave as early AM as I can, but it's 6.5 hour drive in good conditions.  

Yeah just be careful.  Really stuff Really is going to go downhill from Tomorrow afternoon through Friday morning.  The bad thing is that these freaking tropical storms always hit worst at night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah just be careful.  Really stuff Really is going to go downhill from Tomorrow afternoon through Friday morning.  The bad thing is that these freaking tropical storms always hit worst at night.

Indeed.  Ive obviously been following the storm closely and I was debating coming back this afternoon/tonight, but decided against it with what's coming through now.  I saw where things might let up a little early and mid day tomorrow, so figured that would be the best time to be on the road.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Saw a tornado over Blowing Rock today. Absolutely INSANE. 

Also up to 4.16" of rain since yesterday afternoon and over 2" just today with a LONG way to go. 

I saw your video that was wicked. Same cell came over mby.

1 minute ago, calculus1 said:

Can you post the link?

Here ya go. Let me know if this doesn't work. 

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.penland/videos/1041866124054690/?notif_id=1727306586770272&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Up to 2.4" of rain in the last hour and still dumping. Rain rate maxed at 4.56"/hr. I didn't even know it could fall that fast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Here ya go. Let me know if this doesn't work. 

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.penland/videos/1041866124054690/?notif_id=1727306586770272&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

Up to 2.4" of rain in the last hour and still dumping. Rain rate maxed at 4.56"/hr. I didn't even know it could fall that fast. 

Damn man! That is crazy! Great job capturing that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna ride this one out down in Easley (not much better, heck probably worse but want to be there to help the gf out if worst case happens) before heading home tomorrow or Saturday to check on things.  If winds don’t get crazy then the “only” problem I should have is just trying to get to the house navigating any flood waters.  Worried about gusts to just 30-40 mph with this amount of rain however, hopefully won’t have to breakout the chainsaw to get home.  Here’s to all of us staying safe guys and gals! 

• Like 3

What up Mnt peeps! Just wanted to stop by and wish you all well. This will exceed the back to back 2004 impacts of Frances & Ivan (if you know you know!). Be ready for torrential rains or should I say more of it! Gusty wind with saturated soil will bring many trees down. Debris & mudslides will be likely. You’re a veteran group but for any newer residents it’s critically important you stay weather aware! Godspeed to all of you & you’ll be in my thoughts! Stay safe.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NavarreDon said:

What up Mnt peeps! Just wanted to stop by and wish you all well. This will exceed the back to back 2004 impacts of Frances & Ivan (if you know you know!). Be ready for torrential rains or should I say more of it! Gusty wind with saturated soil will bring many trees down. Debris & mudslides will be likely. You’re a veteran group but for any newer residents it’s critically important you stay weather aware! Godspeed to all of you & you’ll be in my thoughts! Stay safe.

Be safe down there Don.

• Like 1