Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

WxWatcher007

Just now, csnavywx said:

I have >100 strikes a minute (426 strikes in last 3 min, 317 in 3-5m bin).

As I posted earlier, I absolutely cannot wait to overlay strikes with this storm compared to Michael and other gulf storms with GIS software.  The spacial data for comparison is incredibly interesting when you import other data. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:

At this point, when Helene makes LF, it will still be strengthening. Like Michael appeared to do, we may actually see this storm strengthening over the first interactions with land as well. 

The land it’s coming into is swamp, so it won’t weaken much if at all before it reaches I-10. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

East side of TLH may be staring down an extended eyewall visit 

If the NNW wobbles come to fruition and persist, the NHC may have their forecast and very early thoughts verify amazingly precisely, in regard to interaction with the surrounding environment.  

• Like 4

Just now, dseagull said:

If the NNW wobbles come to fruition and persist, the NHC may have their forecast and very early thoughts verify amazingly precisely, in regard to interaction with the surrounding environment.  

i hope folks can appreciate this afterwards.  just incredible work.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

If it does not turn N soon they could be on the N or NNW side so even they may be west of center.  

If you overlay the W eye wall and Tallahassee it’s due south of them, and looks like the eye is headed due N now. It’ll be really close.