Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I would call what happened last night a pseudo ERC. The eyeball started as nascent than made its way through the stages and in doing so there was the reorganization of the core & CDO. Not the true ERC’s we see with more developed, substantial canes.

Fair statement. A half assed ERC.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I wonder if that outer rain band to the southwest of the center is slowly becoming the new eyewall.

It's basically out of time here, but if this were still well out over water, then this is the kind of setup that could eventually result in an EWRC. The series of mesovort formations and mergers we've been getting usually precedes cocentric band formation -- so you could argue we're getting ready to enter the incipient phase of one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, csnavywx said:

It's basically out of time here, but if this were still well out over water, then this is the kind of setup that could eventually result in an EWRC. The series of mesovort formations and mergers we've been getting usually precedes cocentric band formation -- so you could argue we're getting ready to enter the incipient phase of one.

What's nice is satellite technology has advanced to the point we can observe the entire sequence. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

Ryan Hall stream said that the Hurricane Hunters kind of got stuck in the eye earlier (not sure if this is old news, but I haven't heard of such a thing.)

I believe it happened once before where they had to fly around in the eye and wait for another mission to look over the aircraft on a flyby because of mechanical issues. 

3 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Ryan Hall stream said that the Hurricane Hunters kind of got stuck in the eye earlier (not sure if this is old news, but I haven't heard of such a thing.)

If something truly had happened I'm sure we'll hear about it in the coming days. I think they were doing rapid tracking. 

1 minute ago, Chinook said:

Ryan Hall stream said that the Hurricane Hunters kind of got stuck in the eye earlier (not sure if this is old news, but I haven't heard of such a thing

1 minute ago, LovintheWhiteFluff said:

I believe it happened once before where they had to fly around in the eye and wait for another mission to look over the aircraft on a flyby because of mechanical issues. 

Most certainly intentional. 

11 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

12z early cycle models

09L_tracks_latest.png

So given that Helene is now east of 84N, is this less-than-a-day-old run considered good verification? 

Is asking why the NHC deferred so strongly away from the globals and toward the spaghetti models still a dumb question?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3
  • Crap 1
  • 100% 1