• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

2 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Atlanta Journal Consitution has an interactive map that shows how many customers (and what percentage that is) are without power in every county in GA.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-news/georgia-statewide-power-outage-map-see-outages-by-county-hurricane-helene-updates/KYWHZWRE3RAWLPDF6QOLWLVHUQ/

National power outage map: https://poweroutage.us

South Carolina 1,327,142
Florida 1,146,329
Georgia 1,074,671
North Carolina 452,415
Virginia 41,302
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Exceptional, catastrophic, unimaginable flooding ongoing in the western Carolina’s. Unreal 

Looks like a war zone here in Greenville, SC. Powerpoles snapped in half, overhead interstate signs collapsed, traffic lights on the ground, trees down everywhere you look blocking roads, rivers overflowing their banks like crazy.  Cleanup is going to take months. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

Looks like a war zone here in Greenville, SC. Powerpoles snapped in half, overhead interstate signs collapsed, traffic lights on the ground, trees down everywhere you look blocking roads, rivers overflowing their banks like crazy.  Cleanup is going to take months. 

Thanks for the reports. One suggestion though.  Change your avatar until this is all over. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BoulderWX said:

First spot of 30” based on radar estimates*

IMG_4222.png

I wonder if those numbers are somehow being affected by the wind farms just to the NWof these high numbers.  Certainly seems like they are which would like mean they are incorrect 

IMG_0117.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If anybody has reports from Clemson please pass along. 

Lots of trees down and roads closed due to flooding and fallen trees. Outside the main campus and downtown businesses most everyone is lights out. Probably similar to Greenville 

• Like 1

Got a friend in Boone, NC. Still more rain to go. I'm not sure how accurate my radar grabs are. Out of three they all have different totals. I'll go with the average and say close to 8inches so far?  I see some posts of 30inches in some places. In a mountainous area, that's just insane. Prayers out to those in the valleys. 

Getting back on the grid. Thinking of the folks still in harms way up north. I will get some storm videos up later but here’s the damage survey around Perry. It's significant to extensive in spots, but could’ve been a lot worse. 

• Like 3

Storm surge report from around 1150  last night: 

At least 8-10 feet of surge in Steinhatchee right now @NWSTallahassee

Update about 10 mintues ago,  there are so many mixed death reports for obvious reasons.

Death toll: At least nine killed by Hurricane Helene

More than 4 million homes and businesses left without power

Hundreds of flights cancelled Friday following the storm

Helene becomes tropical storm in Georgia after 140mph winds ravage Florida

Excellent overall forecast for Hurricane Helene...exact locale and 50 minutes too late. Precise timing of the Rapid intensification window from early Thursday AM through landfall late evening. Really only flaw was being 15mph too conservative on max winds at landfall.
Final Grade: A

verify.png

text.png

• Like 4
  • Crap 3
  • 100% 1

8 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

DId anybody get the progged 15-20 ft surge?

Accordingto the NHC areas near landfall got 15'.

“Preliminary post-landfall modeling of storm surge from Hurricane #Helene indicates areas within the Big Bend region of Florida near Keaton Beach, Steinhatchee, and Horseshoe Beach had water levels reach more than 15 ft above ground level,” the Hurricane Center tweeted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1