Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Major Hurricane Helene

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

Oh man, Chad Meyers on CNN just said Tallahassee isn’t getting bullseyed. They might be on the east side of the eyewall but I don’t think you should be giving any sort of safety signal. 

it looks like they are getting smashed at least by the western eyewall

I mean the east eyewall would likely be the worst but 90-100 mph gusts in the western eyewall would at least mean thousands of trees down, decent property damage and no power/services for many days. I guess we'll see also if it wobbles NNE again which would give the city a chance of missing it. But they're in for some hurt it looks like.

10 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Try changing x to twitter and see what happens. I’ve had that issue on other boards. 

• Like 1

Just now, Amped said:

The eye went back to a circular shape.

The moment of landfall radar image will be one to remember.  Beautiful, yet terrifying. 

Awesome storm to track, and I'm amazed at how well the mets took modeled data and formed their own consensus and stuck with it.  

If anyone wants an analog for a well-forecasted and quickly moving carribean gyre system, this is the one.   What I'd do to be a fly on the wall when forecasting began over 72 hours ago.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

maybe it's just me but I feel like we've frequently observed tiny wobbles right before landfall of the storm trying to avoid land.

Yea and I think so for a long time. Steering winds can compel then into land but if weak to none then the storm works itself around the land to stay over water. To not die.