• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

Temps should finally warm to above normal values this afternoon and through the weekend before we fall back to normal or slightly below normal by the start of the new work week. The next small chance of any rain looks to be toward Wednesday next week.
Chester County Daily Records for today: High 96 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1952) / Low 33 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Rain 6.30" at Devault 1W (1971)
image.png.26cb3d261190130b31026425cab6a658.png

Last 4 runs of the "on the 0 and 12" EC shows a good depiction of the issues with the pig ridge letting rain in here next week.    It keeps gyrating between a miss to the south or just catching some of us.   A real winter preview of model watching.  Here is 0Z yesterday through 12Z today. 

trend-ecmwf_full-2024091212-f222.qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mow 18...the final full mow of the year,  is in the books. The great fall drought of 2024 has put most of the grass to sleep.

The new/good mower is away until next spring.  Any mowing or leaf chopping moving forward is done by the old mower  aka the yard pig.  Only 18 mows...crazy.

18z Icon coming around to a decent event on days 4-5. 0z not out completely yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mitchnick said:

18z Icon coming around to a decent event on days 4-5. 0z not out completely yet.

56 for a low this AM.  Icon had been one of the driest so a good sign.    Overnight runs still show Tue afternoon as the hope.  If this comes through there were some 250 hour plus GFS runs that showed a similar outcome.   Possibly your ensembles as well though I did not look at them myself. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

56 for a low this AM.  Icon had been one of the driest so a good sign.    Overnight runs still show Tue afternoon as the hope.  If this comes through there were some 250 hour plus GFS runs that showed a similar outcome.   Possibly your ensembles as well though I did not look at them myself. 

Honestly, I  haven't been looking at much modeling before last night. I don't know what ensembles were showing before the 0z run, but I  can say they're all on board with an 1"+ event for us. Heaviest still to the south of us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Honestly, I  haven't been looking at much modeling before last night. I don't know what ensembles were showing before the 0z run, but I  can say they're all on board with an 1"+ event for us. Heaviest still to the south of us.

OPs have been vacillating between keeping the ridge too strong vs. the sub trop low attacking it.  Right now, attacking is the overwhelming winner.   We get 1"+ and the hoses are done for the season (at least for grass.).  This is the earliest I have stopped mowing since coming back in 2018.  4/5 of the yard is sleeping for winter at this point.  The water I am putting on it is the keep it alive as even asleep, it needs water 1-2 times a week until real hibernation when freezes start.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

OPs have been vacillating between keeping the ridge too strong vs. the sub trop low attacking it.  Right now, attacking is the overwhelming winner.   We get 1"+ and the hoses are done for the season (at least for grass.).  This is the earliest I have stopped mowing since coming back in 2018.  4/5 of the yard is sleeping for winter at this point.  The water I am putting on it is the keep it alive as even asleep, it needs water 1-2 times a week. 

this is your only saving grace. Order now!

May be an image of silo and text

• Haha 2