• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

8 minutes ago, paweather said:

Nothing wrong with Chilly days and warm days together right now. I don't mind that at all a combo of both for now until late November. 

I wish the 70's and 80's would pack their bags for the year.  Someone said the 80's are over back in early Sept and mother nature has slapped 80's on some spots 5-6 times since then.  LOL.  A curse.  You mentioned frost, some progs have the growing season ending (or close) this weekend into early next week with lows in the upper 20's.   60's for highs on Sat and Sun would be perfect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lanco seems to be the epicenter today with a 90 and several upper 80's WU readings.

image.png.19ab9e6d457b450005abc0065fd5ad74.png

At least in Maytown the temp has leveled off, even dropped a bit over the past hour:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KPAMARIE28?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1aUZn05v6EL1SCu83D6YWAz4KB0xPA7zBHapk7ZxcoZfWMxfMgsX9YEUY_aem_AatgGdtB3HDmy_lQiEQW3p1bDKQzlUbvSccn8VpHsQ_8zcjQ2DxBPNU21ROdUrVrozfMvldDScho9lY6LgyGK0dL

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Usually I would wonder but with Maytown getting 85 as well I question how there can be that many off. 

That's why I  never bother to look at Wunderground station temps unless I'm waiting for cold air to arrive waiting for a changeover from rain to snow. You just don't know where the station is situated and how accurate that particular station is. There shouldn't be that much of a difference over such short distances without micro climates and/or faulty wx instruments. I see the inexplicable variations within a mile of my house at locations with only a few feet asl' apart.

37 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

That's why I  never bother to look at Wunderground station temps unless I'm waiting for cold air to arrive waiting for a changeover from rain to snow. You just don't know where the station is situated and how accurate that particular station is. There shouldn't be that much of a difference over such short distances without micro climates and/or faulty wx instruments. I see the inexplicable variations within a mile of my house at locations with only a few feet asl' apart.

Agreed on WU not being official.  In this case though no other area was showing a preponderance of 85-90 temps which was why I pointed it out.  Whether they were exactly right or not, it was definitely warmer around Lanco today.  I doubt the 90 readings.   It is just as possible the 82's and 83's were recording too low.   The weather station at MU got to 84 so any temps 82-87 could be legit IMO. 

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Potential for a near record warm Halloween and no sustained fall weather until possibly the 2nd week of November:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

Queue the stories about wearing plastic masks and sweat running down our faces!    His insistence that the growing season has ended for most is a little off for him.  Basically saying NWS and everyone else is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Agreed on WU not being official.  In this case though no other area was showing a preponderance of 85-90 temps which was why I pointed it out.  Whether they were exactly right or not, it was definitely warmer around Lanco today.  I doubt the 90 readings.   It is just as possible the 82's and 83's were recording too low.   The weather station at MU got to 84 so any temps 82-88 could be legit IMO. 

Don't really disagree. I just favor official sites except, like I said, when I'm waiting for the cold for a reason.

• Like 1