• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

Being close to both Lakemont Park and Bland's Park (now Delgrosso's), I think the first coaster I rode was Skyliner at Lakemont, which even in the 90s it felt like that coaster could fall apart at any time. Great airtime in the back, though. 

Zyklon at Bland's Park was likely next, followed by Comet and Wildcat. Oddly enough, my first coaster with an inversion credit of mine is Shockwave at King's Dominion, which was a standing coaster followed by the god-awful Anaconda. 

Sometime after that the SuperDooperLooper and Great Bear, which remains my all-time favorite inversion coaster and #2 all time. 

Skyrush Uber Alles.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Being close to both Lakemont Park and Bland's Park (now Delgrosso's), I think the first coaster I rode was Skyliner at Lakemont, which even in the 90s it felt like that coaster could fall apart at any time. Great airtime in the back, though. 

Zyklon at Bland's Park was likely next, followed by Comet and Wildcat. Oddly enough, my first coaster with an inversion credit of mine is Shockwave at King's Dominion, which was a standing coaster followed by the god-awful Anaconda. 

Sometime after that the SuperDooperLooper and Great Bear, which remains my all-time favorite inversion coaster and #2 all time. 

Skyrush Uber Alles.

Shockwave was the only stand up I ever rode. I remember riding both years ago. The Anaconda was rough as hell.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mine was the Rebel Yell in Doswell but the comet is up there.

I had to go riding forward. I don't mind coasters that go backwards for part of the ride but not the entire thing.

That thing needed a paint job badly when I rode it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

34 for the low.  Seems I will miss the chance for a freeze on this run.  A little frost on roofs.  Looks like MDT made 36-38.   A disappointing week of lows for them.   LNS made 32 it appears. 

I don’t think MDT lows are that disappointing this week with at least 3 straight days several degrees below normal.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I heard Allegiant is looking for somewhere that has more WU stations within 1.5 miles of an airport and is higher up, possibly 400-600' in elevation. 

You called? :lol:

Low of 33 here.  Should be a nice couple days to end the week as we head into an absolutely perfect weekend.  Dare I say the best fire pit weekend of the year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

You just couldn't let me win one, could ya???

:P

The only way you'll win is if you get a load of water delivered and unloaded in the 'ville before the ground freezes. Remember he doesn't want any runoff. Every drop counts to keep his lawn in pristine condition over the winter months. That way he'll be in the running to start mowing in March to get an edge on the mowing competition. Hopefully he will be in victory lane at the end of the season (with his 60 plus mows) and his battery powered mower. And while he is getting interviewed on his victory, you just might get a shout out for being a supplier attributing to his success on winning the coveted mowing trophy .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

ESPN ranked the top 25 college football players for this season to date. Tyler Warren is no where to be found. Abdul Carter is #22. No disrespect to Carter but Warren has been better to this point.

That's an embarrassing look for ESPN.

That is.....really bad.  You never know who they have compiling these lists or how much they're mailing it in, but man, that's quite the oversight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

The only way you'll win is if you get a load of water delivered and unloaded in the 'ville before the ground freezes. Remember he doesn't want any runoff. Every drop counts to keep his lawn in pristine condition over the winter months. That way he'll be in the running to start mowing in March to get an edge on the mowing competition. Hopefully he will be in victory lane at the end of the season (with his 60 plus mows) and his battery powered mower. And while he is getting interviewed on his victory, you just might get a shout out for being a supplier attributing to his success on winning the coveted mowing trophy .

All right except I went gas with the mower :-).  LOL.  I got a last year of production for home use Honda. 

• Like 2

Multiple relatively low lying spots in Chester County fell to freezing this morning including: Chester Springs, Nottingham, Warwick Park, Devault, West Bradford and West Chester. The lowest reading was the 27.6 degree low at Warwick. Higher spots like here in East Nantmeal only dropped to 36.1 degrees - but we did see our 1st light frost of the season. Today will be another.... but our last below normal day for at least the next week. We should see some Indian Summer type weather as we move through the next week with temps rising into the low to mid 70's by next Tuesday. Our very dry streak will continue. However, for the year to date here in 2024 we are still just slightly above normal in precipitation - but we will fall below normal over the next couple days.

image.png.ef7208bff1db9b09f1f5df532dca024e.pngimage.png.fe8413a4b80ef45ffd5c849ddea68d77.png

5 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I was just visiting an Amish farm in Paradise where I buy my grass-fed beef and raw dairy.

The farmer mentioned he had to start spreading the winter hay early due to the dry conditions.

I believe it.  Most of the Southern LSV has been so dry, I am surprised we are not all back under D1.