• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

Well, we now have rain on the 3 major Globals that is 6 days out...a step in the right direction breaking the 7-day barrier finally with rain arriving in South PA next Tue afternoon.    Still showing a piece of energy forming into a sub-tropical or weak tropical low off the SE Coast, closing off (especially on the GFS) and wandering slowly across the Southeast and Eastern Mid-Western states. It is coming in a bit far south on the Euro for all of PA to benefit.    CMC and GFS have several areas of lower pressure pushing more rain north than the EC. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

The grass slowed down from growing considerably since my last mow on Thursday of last week. All the previous mowings from July till last week, in two days looked liked I didn't even mow. Now this week it's still growing but not at the rate it was before.

It is pretty crispy here.  Mowing is off for at least another 7-10 days. 

• Like 1

The 1st 10 days of September have been the 2nd chilliest start to the month in the 21 years of records I have here in East Nantmeal...only 2017 got off to a chillier start.
Our slow moderating trend continues today through the weekend with temps reaching the low to mid 80's by the weekend but continuing comfortable humidity and seasonably cool nights.
Chester County records for today: High 99 degrees at Coatesville 1SW (1897) / Low 34 degrees also at Coatesville 1SW (1924) / Rain 3.86" Morgantown/Elverson (1960)
image.png.ec868a2b017f5600b7ce5922748143bc.png

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

The grass slowed down from growing considerably since my last mow on Thursday of last week. All the previous mowings from July till last week, in two days looked liked I didn't even mow. Now this week it's still growing but not at the rate it was before.

Half, or so, is likely due to lowering sun angle and cool weather. I  sure as heck don't feel like coming home and mowing...oh the humanity.

43 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Half, or so, is likely due to lowering sun angle and cool weather. I  sure as heck don't feel like coming home and mowing...oh the humanity.

It has been basically dry here since the end of August, .23 rainfall this month along with those Breezy conditions we had several days ago and lots of sun to dry the soil out.

13 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It has been basically dry here since the end of August, .23 rainfall this month along with those Breezy conditions we had several days ago and lots of sun to dry the soil out.

Using MDT's norms and breaking it down to rounded off daily precip expectations, we have been about 3" behind normal over the last 30-35 days.     Were it not for the tropical storm influence in early August we would be looking at D2's (and maybe 3) over a lot of LSV as to drought indexes. 

On 9/10/2024 at 9:04 AM, Mount Joy Snowman said:

MDT now exactly 5 degrees BN for the month.  I didn't realize we were only two degrees away from setting a record low yesterday.  We are winning with temps, but about that rain forecast.....

I was told only daytime maxima count in the warm season here, and those are currently 3F below normal, and should come in above normal for the next several days at a minimum.  By contrast, lows are nearly 7F below normal. The drought and unusually low humidity is clearly enhancing the negative departures through anomalous diurnal ranges.

11 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I was told only daytime maxima count in the warm season here, and those are currently 3F below normal, and should come in above normal for the next several days at a minimum.  By contrast, lows are nearly 7F below normal. The drought and unusually low humidity is clearly enhancing the negative departures through anomalous diurnal ranges.

My guy, this was a post from yesterday morning, and a benign one at that.  I wasn't stating anything controversial, nor trying to argue with you, or anyone for that matter ha.  I also don't disagree with anything you've said here.  Not sure what you're going on about haha. 

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My guy, this was a post from yesterday morning, and a benign one at that.  I wasn't stating anything controversial, nor trying to argue with you, or anyone for that matter ha.  I also don't disagree with anything you've said here.  Not sure what you're going on about haha. 

I'm just repeating what others have told me about only the maximum temperatures counting. Take it up with them.

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Using MDT's norms and breaking it down to rounded off daily precip expectations, we have been about 3" behind normal over the last 30-35 days.     Were it not for the tropical storm influence in early August we would be looking at D2's (and maybe 3) over a lot of LSV as to drought indexes. 

Maybe, I emphasize Maybe, things will turn around in a few weeks for your area.

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

Even if he brings an empty tanker to Bubbler, that's what counts. It shows he's thinking of him. 

By that same token, I could drive to Rouzerville from Clearfield and piss on his yard and that too is proof that I was at the very least, thinking about him. 

• Haha 1

The great stretch of late summer / early fall weather continues across the area with similar temps and low humidity almost every day through at least Tuesday. Highs will remain in the upper 70's to low 80's with some early morning fog possible each day and seasonably cool nights in the 50's. Next needed rain chances may appear by the middle of next week with a potential tropical disturbance along the east coast.
Chester County Records for today: High 98 degrees at West Chester (1983) / Low 35 degrees at Phoenixville (1977) / Rain 5.96" at Phoenixville from the impacts of Hurricane Donna (1960)
image.png.feff9a9c13de030309abfba18ad45341.png