• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CYX 59 and MDT 58 for the highs this afternoon.  Quite a few of 60's on WU at 1:30 when I last looked.    Seems so easy to overachieve with temps anymore. 

Will be interesting to see if Harrisburg can pick up any additional days with a maximum temperature at or below freezing.  Currently, at six on the year following last year's 1. So that's 7 days in two years. What I find fascinating is there were only 9 single years with 7 or fewer such days prior to 2023. And now it's approaching two full years with that many days. Wild. It's like former President Trump said at his Butler rally on October 5, "we do a lot of firsts. Let me tell you folks, we do a lot of firsts."

image.png.b3da0262f3ca40e70ac8051c76283646.png

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Will be interesting to see if Harrisburg can pick up any additional days with a maximum temperature at or below freezing.  Currently, at six on the year following last year's 1. So that's 7 days in two years. What I find fascinating is there were only 9 single years with 7 or fewer such days prior to 2023. And now it's approaching two full years with that many days. Wild. It's like former President Trump said at his Butler rally on October 5, "we do a lot of firsts. Let me tell you folks, we do a lot of firsts."

I just witnessed sleet on the 15th day of October. You can fuck off and all. 

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I suspect MDT gets over a dozen in a not-too-distant winter.   Freeze that river up and MDT loses its "bias". 

41 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Bro, it's 50 degrees in Clearfield. I'm betting that was graupel.

I believe graupel counts as snow but agree it was not traditional sleet in that it was frozen, melted, then froze again.   It was below freezing in his area from about 850-900 and up it appears.  Still very impressive for mid-Oct. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I really did not think of TCC.  ITT and I have spoken in the past about the penchant for NWS zones to be too low quite often.  Sorry. 

Temps going higher than forecast happens almost as often as a snow map being wrong. And that's saying a lot.

• Haha 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

40.1 this morning in Maytown. 

Not even close to a freeze so far for many. For me, today was the peak of the cold as to morning lows.  Colder over there tomorrow Am on the 3K.    The Canadian continues to keep everyone in the 35ish range into next week with good radiational nights despite highs being above normal.