• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mow #30 for 2024 is in the books. For comparison, last year I ended with #44.

I haven't counted my mowing, but I did one yesterday, but it was more for leaf mulching than grass cutting.

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

52 this AM.    Do we see some 80's the next 2 days.  Definitely a good chance tomorrow depending on clouds.  The MDT record tomorrow of 85 seems to be a stretch to make. 

On this date it snowed .1" in 1930.  

With a statement like that...you'll awaken the king of snowfall maps.

• Haha 1

A good 10 degree spread in low temps this morning - with lower spots in the lower 40's like Warwick and low 50's in higher spots like KMQS and East Nantmeal. The NWS has highs today and tomorrow in the mid-70's - I suspect today may generally be around 70 with the mid-70's holding off till tomorrow. Cold front sweeps thru tomorrow night with some slight shower chances. This will usher in our coldest weather of the early fall season to date. Highs will remain below normal through the rest of the week.

image.png.3364edd700b8104f5eec757b8c274ba4.pngimage.png.4818f61a69dc455d4b3e83c49a1cfcc6.png

Below is an analysis of the number of days with below freezing minimum temperatures by month and observing station for here in Chester County PA. Most locations with the exception of the highest spots will typically see their 1st sub 32 degree reading here in October. We already have seen the first freezing temperature this week at Warwick.

image.png.fe57439a8c00699c04741471a79a216c.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am over by hobby lobby now and car therm 76.    Defintely not low 70's though car therms are car therms.  Not exact. 

Lol. My wife dragged me over there twice this week!

I was using the closest Wunderground location. You have all that pavement over there heating up plus the engine heat.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Lol. My wife dragged me over there twice this week!

I was using the closest Wunderground location. You have all that pavement over there heating up plus the engine heat.

My wife wants some new knobs for our drawers, and they have what she wants so we are going to different Hobby Lobby's getting all of their stock. 

I checked the temp while moving but you are right if sitting still it raises.  It was 81 in Emmittsburg when we passed through so today heated up to the south and west.  75 back in Rou, HGR made 78 and THV 77.   WU has Hanover 76-78 right now.  If tomorrow overachieves we could see some mid 80's over here. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My wife wants some new knobs for our drawers, and they have what she wants so we are going to different Hobby Lobby's getting all of their stock. 

I checked the temp while moving but you are right if sitting still it raises.  It was 81 in Emmittsburg when we passed through so today heated up to the south and west.  75 back in Rou, HGR made 78 and THV 77.   WU has Hanover 76-78 right now.  If tomorrow overachieves we could see some mid 80's over here. 

THV 75 at 3pm