• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

Today will likely be our 8th straight day with below normal temperatures. But beginning tomorrow we should warm to near and then above normal as the week progresses. No rain in sight for this week.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at Kennett Square (1897) / Low 34 degrees at Phoenixville (1986) / Rain 4.95" at Hopewell (1987)
image.png.6b792370bba0e8b3e71c8ad6a8bea266.png

The driest Sept in MDT history is .65 in 1986.  Driest month all together is .02 in October 1924.     MDT has .16 for the month right now with a good chance to be going into the final week to 10 days with a shot at a new record for the month.  

Of interest, the .65 record for September is the second highest low point for any month behind .78 in July 1955.  Every other month has at least one below .65. 

41 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Low was 44°F this morning. Currently 50°F as we carry on about the Great Drought of 2024. 

Back to Saturday for a sec - you questioned me why I was concerned about PSU - WVU?

I got my response for 'ya...Saturday happened. 

My nervousness IS well warranted. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Back to Saturday for a sec - you questioned me why I was concerned about PSU - WVU?

I got my response for 'ya...Saturday happened. 

My nervousness IS well warranted. 

I didn't really question you about nervousness so much as I questioned everyone. I think the media made West Virginia a bigger threat than what they turned out to be and after seeing Bowling Green carve up an unprepared defense and an inconsistent offense, I think the biggest story here is this: 

West Virginia is pure, unadulterated ass. 

What I hate most about Franklin is that it seems like he refuses to allow the team to review film of the opponent heading into the game. How does that defense look like a sieve for the first 30 minutes, head into the locker room and come out looking like a brick wall? Tom Allen coached Bazelak at Indiana. How did he not know Bazelak knew what Allen would do on defense? This has been the issue at Penn State for years. Franklin for some reason cannot conduct a comprehensive, thorough, 60 minute ass kicking no matter who the opponent is. 

I think some people in the PSU media sphere (Cory Giger) had been saying for months that Penn State's defense was going to take a step back and the offense is going to have to carry more of the load. I think Saturday proved that. I still don't think Kotelnicki's offense is fully installed so by week 8, 9, 10, it'll probably be running on all cylinders, but until then, it'll probably be enough with exception to the Ohio State game. USC will be a battle. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

MDT now exactly 5 degrees BN for the month.  I didn't realize we were only two degrees away from setting a record low yesterday.  We are winning with temps, but about that rain forecast.....

Op's are showing little signs of relenting with the ridge...outside the chance of a sub-tropical system pulling far enough West in ~ 8-10 days.   Precip has been 7 days or more days out for 4-5 days now.  Sort of like watching winter storms on the GFS that stay 10 days out. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Op's are showing little signs of relenting with the ridge...outside the chance of a sub-tropical system pulling far enough West in ~ 8-10 days.   Precip has been 7 days or more days out for 4-5 days now.  Sort of like watching winter storms on the GFS that stay 10 days out. 

Did you say Winter Storms when??? :D Beautiful Fall Temps the next 7 days. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, I've been noticing all that as well.  Not much shakin'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cfs2 says just be patient...for November.  :yikes:

usPrecMonInd1 (4).gif

• Haha 1