• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

9 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Buddy boy, as we grow older...we learn when to pick battles, and when to die on the hill.  Me thinks there can be extreme stances on both sides of this particular "hill".  

If one looks at the qpf distribution and timeframe, it really doesnt lend a hand in your argument IMO.  OTOH, yes we live in a polarized era in many ways, and I'm sure that many alarmist do whatever they can to "influence" the perceived weather.  

The more meaningful assessment IMO is how we seem to do the "extremes" better than ever.  Dry for days and days, to rain for days and days....

Soil water content is a better indicator to who gets the D label and who doesnt.  Much of what we recieved has been in relatively short timespans, and was likely runoff, and not absorbed, and when we did get long duration...some of us got .05 in a few day total (KLNS data).

While i havent looked, I'm thinking it still is on the low side in the areas shown on the drought map.  

Well said & good to see you posting.

I’m now done with “drought” & “year to date surplus” talk.

I will track this hurricane & then will look forward to the first frost, first freeze & first flakes as Fall unfolds.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Well said & good to see you posting.

I’m now done with “drought” & “year to date surplus” talk.

I will track this hurricane & then will look forward to the first frost, first freeze & first flakes as Fall unfolds.

If we can get near the DP, some colder areas have a shot Thursday AM and Friday AM.  Frost Adv out tonight for Eastern WV. 

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Poor Tampa! Love that place! Think we can offer more than 750 dollars to folks in NC GA and FL

This is total bullshit fwiw. My fam has already has received thousands from FEMA after Helene. Just have to point this out. It’s a pure lie. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

So sorry they loss their home. I fear my family’s will be wiped away Thursday. 

Yes, it is scary....Even for people well inland.  Up in Bradenton the Manatee river could go doubt digits high 10miles inland.   And insurance cost 20-40 grand a year so most do not have it (people on the water). Fingers crossed the storm goes south of them.  Still bad but maybe not a catastrophe.  Of course that is passing the buck to someone else.

Little talked about but people in Daytona and the east coast could have severe surge as Milton is exiting.  

I made a fairly drastic comment not too long ago and still stand by it.  Because this system is charging in from the west south west instead of the South, one or more barrier islands could face permanent change making them hard to continue being habitable...at least parts of them.  New rivers where there were none,  possibly most of current beaches going underwater for good.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

This is total bullshit fwiw. My fam has already has received thousands from FEMA after Helene. Just have to point this out. It’s a pure lie. 

Don't let truth get in the way of some red hat bullshit.