• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The year surplus Is the worst way to measure drought conditions.    It is all about what have you done for me lately. 

I thought that didn't need to be explained. I mean, if we had 45" of rain through the end of June and not a drop thereafter, all talk would be about the epic drought ongoing...but we would be AN for the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought that didn't need to be explained. I mean, if we had 45" of rain through the end of June and not a drop thereafter, all talk would be about the epic drought ongoing...but we would be AN for the year.

I think Blizz wants us to remind him every week or two.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I understand the angst. Rain 10 days or so in a row and USGS slaps a drought designation on Marysville.  It is as of Tue at 8am but not a ton of rain since then.

So, I guess it has to rain daily in order to stay out of D0 ?

My yard & MDT area have no business being anywhere near D0 at this time.

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The year surplus Is the worst way to measure drought conditions.    It is all about what have you done for me lately. 

Well, The LSV had 10 straight days of rain & still D0 ?

It renders the map meaningless.

Most people would look at that & laugh for the LSV.

11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Well, The LSV had 10 straight days of rain & still D0 ?

It renders the map meaningless.

Most people would look at that & laugh for the LSV

The average rain during that period for the LSV would have been about 1.5" so some areas were actually BN or near normal during that period.   Was good for the grass though.

Hurricane Waddams is officially major. This may be the fastest intensification I have ever seen in a cyclone. Considering it is expected to continue to intensify before rapidly expanding and deintensifying, I wonder if we get 200 mph sustained winds out of this one. 

44 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Hurricane Waddams is officially major. This may be the fastest intensification I have ever seen in a cyclone. Considering it is expected to continue to intensify before rapidly expanding and deintensifying, I wonder if we get 200 mph sustained winds out of this one. 

One thing to watch - will it make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula? That could not only weaken it but also disrupt the core (storm is small in overall size) to the point that it has a hard time regaining it's mojo. Going to be a very close call today with that. Milt's motion is still a bit SE of E. 

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice win last night, Cowboys fans. Exciting ending that I missed. Dak was clutch when it mattered most. 

I stayed up....sooo tired.    Thanks.  It was a sloppy ending that went Dallas way.  Not sure if you saw the final few plays on the Dallas drive but they fumbled at the one and Dak fell on it as part of the clutch ending. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One thing to watch - will it make landfall on the Yucatan Peninsula? That could not only weaken it but also disrupt the core (storm is small in overall size) to the point that it has a hard time regaining it's mojo. Going to be a very close call today with that. Milt's motion is still a bit SE of E. 

Fearful of the surge.  If TPA gets a 12+ foot surge it will be flooded way inland. 

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I stayed up....sooo tired.    Thanks.  It was a sloppy ending that went Dallas way.  Not sure if you saw the final few plays on the Dallas drive but they fumbled at the one and Dak fell on it as part of the clutch ending. 

The only play I've seen this morning from the 2nd half was the TD pass. Nothing else. I did see it happened on 4th down.