• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

30 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

You beat York airport by 4. That's impressive. Congrats.

I beat them a lot of nights except when there is a strong SW influence banking against the mountain or very calm nights mid-winter.     It got to 39 in Southern Cumberland County last night (near Pine Grove Furnace.)   When no SW influence, Pillow and I seem to be close a lot of nights.   I think he said he was 41 or 42.    #Mountainliving

• Like 1

Some folks saw a little bit of rain yesterday with the most I could find being the 0.58" at Devault. In East Nantmeal we received 0.23".
Much chillier across the area again this morning with widespread 40's for lows, high temps today will struggle to escape the 60's in the higher spots in the county. Another chilly night in the mid 40s tonight before a slow warm up this week gets us to above normal temps in the lower 80's for many spots. Unfortunately no rain in the forecast through the upcoming work week.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at Phoenixville (1939) / Low 40 degrees at Coatesville 2W (1984) / Rain 5.53" at Honey Brook (1987)
image.png.54cbab0e9e2c03f3b77ffd6f80e03dde.png

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Every Global Op is dry for the next 7 days as they have been for quite some time....hard to bet against it being dry for a while. 

Agree next 7 days are dry, but the original Voyager post had the entire 384 hrs. run. Niña September's are usually drier than normal if memory serves, so I'm not saying it'll end up with AN precip. All the ensembles ARE dry thru day 7, but beyond 7 days is anyone's guess and ensembles are "probably" closer to reality than ops is what I was getting at. 

Over 39 years, my wife has urged me to be brief in my statements...e.g. Just shut up already!

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At 5am I was down @mitchnick old stomping grounds dropping off our daughter and her family at BWI. Beautiful fall morning drive down and back. Doesn't sound so nice where they're now at. (Palm Coast FL)

I used to miss living there some, but Hanover has everything I need without the traffic and with more snow 95% of the time. The commute was the killer for me, even though it was only 3 days a week. Hats off to people who live in Hanover area that do it, and I  know there are some. But after 37-38 years of a 5-10 commute to work, 75-90 minutes was maddening to this oldster. Otoh, had we not moved, I'm sure I'd a kept working. I know a lot of lawyers who go p/t once over 60 and still do ok...the crooks!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I know we all complain about various weather issues but in the grand scheme of things I love where we live and wouldn’t trade it for anywhere.

Our location/climate is perfectly balanced that offers snow weenies hope for big dog storms, plenty of summer heat and bouts of refreshing weather as well. Only thing that would push me away is to be close to family. I love it here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Agree next 7 days are dry, but the original Voyager post had the entire 384 hrs. run. Niña September's are usually drier than normal if memory serves, so I'm not saying it'll end up with AN precip. All the ensembles ARE dry thru day 7, but beyond 7 days is anyone's guess and ensembles are "probably" closer to reality than ops is what I was getting at. 

Over 39 years, my wife has urged me to be brief in my statements...e.g. Just shut up already!

Sorry, I was not debating your post.   Just that we have a dry week ahead of us probably and I am not one to assume...but it does not look good for the next 6-7.  

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

I used to miss living there some, but Hanover has everything I need without the traffic and with more snow 95% of the time. The commute was the killer for me, even though it was only 3 days a week. Hats off to people who live in Hanover area that do it, and I  know there are some. But after 37-38 years of a 5-10 commute to work, 75-90 minutes was maddening to this oldster. Otoh, had we not moved, I'm sure I'd a kept working. I know a lot of lawyers who go p/t once over 60 and still do ok...the crooks!!!

That is the funny part about your view and my view of Hanover.  I was in Owings Mills last weekend and thought the traffic was better than Hanover.  Yes, I made it out of Owings Mills safely.  LOL.   This post will only take you 1 min to read but I am sure you will bill for 15! 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the funny part about your view and my view of Hanover.  I was in Owings Mills last weekend and thought the traffic was better than Hanover.  Yes, I made it out of Owings Mills safely.  LOL.   This post will only take you 1 min to read but I am sure you will bill for 15! 

Lol. Although I  never had a minimum charge, every lawyer I  knew had a minimum charge, usually 15 minutes,  when paid on an hourly rate. As a result the already crazy rates amounted to false advertising because if the had 4 separate tasks during the day at various times that only amounted to 15 minutes in total, they'd end of charging for 1 hour (4 x 15 minutes). So anyone reading this needs to clarify with their lawyer if paid on an hourly rate, they need to state in the employment contract that the lawyer gets paid for work on any day for the total time actually spent unless the total time for that day is less than the minimum charge.

15 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Lol. Although I  never had a minimum charge, every lawyer I  knew had a minimum charge, usually 15 minutes,  when paid on an hourly rate. As a result the already crazy rates amounted to false advertising because if the had 4 separate tasks during the day at various times that only amounted to 15 minutes in total, they'd end of charging for 1 hour (4 x 15 minutes). So anyone reading this needs to clarify with their lawyer if paid on an hourly rate, they need to state in the employment contract that the lawyer gets paid for work on any day for the total time actually spent unless the total time for that day is less than the minimum charge.

Yea, every lawyer I have dealt with is 15 min even if just reading a 2-sentence email.   My issue is I type a lot (a stunner!) so my retainers bled quickly. 

• Sad 1