• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 59 and no new rain.  I totaled 2.44" during this overcast stretch.  My YTD stands at 34.04".

I'm heading to Happy Valley this weekend for the UCLA game where it should be absolutely beautiful.  Some interesting depictions on the models, with the cold shot next week and then the GFS wanting to go ham with a ULL the following week.  Fun times ahead.  Sorry to the O's and Braves fans out there.

I'll be looking for you in the fan pit on Fox Big Noon Kickoff. I want to see you right behind Urban...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sorry to the O's and Braves fans out there.

Birds fans definitely need to sympathy today. That's an organization that has struggled to get to where they are with a potential championship window and are now 0-5 in their last playoff trips through no real fault of their own. Front office needs to do some soul searching and assemble an offense to go with their pitching. 

I don't think there are any hands across America to be had to the Bravos. They're still firmly within their multiple championship window, three years removed from a title and probably did more with less than anyone in baseball this season. Their expected 162-game lineup improved on last year's 106 win ball club and that lineup played together for six innings this season before it started falling apart. Despite that they sent half of the AAA squad out there and still made the play-in round. They were issued house money on May 26th when the best baseball player on earth when healthy tore his knee. Any sympathy towards Braves fans should be redirected to Baltimore. 

• Like 1

Will say it again, good thing for the sandy soil or another Helene would be a risk.  Would be bad as is with this depict.   That is a 15-20 bagger there.  CMC prefers to hold energy back and give Steinhatchee more several days later.   Lots of options for what to do with all the energy and moisture injecting into the Gulf then wandering around.   EC has a Tropical Storm or Cat 1 approach Tampa then sink south in a death march toward Cuba only to survive and veer back into the Gulf. 

image.thumb.png.73c7584739126eb6203fa49c657e6617.png

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

I just got home from being with the kiddo and my entire neighborhood is mowing right now.

I did my front yard and am now sitting in my sunroom with a blank stare at the backyard, which is much bigger than the front. Ughhh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Back in PA and it's a gorgeous sunny day. What have you guys been bitching about? I've not seen rain since last Friday or even many clouds since then! 

You win the award for the best timed vacation. Congrats

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Back yard looks like cr@p, but it's been mowed. I figure I'll mow again on Tuesday at regular, unadvisably low level.

Mike may come by to slice you for mowing like crap. 

I plan to mow this afternoon. Can't wait. 

14 hours ago, pawatch said:

Tomorrow…Might have to do a double mow. First one 4.5” mow two 3.5”

Yeah I'm probably going to double it up. I've made the mistake of trying to lob too much off at once and the yard ends up looking like pure ass after. I'll probably go medium length first time, low the second 

• Like 1

Much of LSV Back into D0.

image.thumb.png.0f99819dace89796d026b718d3994ce9.png

Northeast Drought Summary

Moderate to heavy rain doused much of the Northeast Region, with totals near or exceeding 3 inches in areas impacted by Hurricane Helene (western Maryland and most of West Virginia). Excessive totals of 5 to 8 inches soaked southeastern West Virginia. Widespread improvements were brought into West Virginia and adjacent Maryland, with the wetter areas experiencing 2-class improvements. Widespread extreme drought (D3) across southeastern West Virginia last week was reduced to moderate drought (D1) this week. In contrast, lesser amounts of precipitation in central and northern West Virginia and the Maryland Panhandle led to little or no improvement, keeping much of these areas entrenched in the extreme (D3) to excessive (D4) drought which developed and expanded after mid-July.

Should be some decent aurora action on the 6th. Northern folks having the best shot at seeing something. Still have never witnessed the northern lights. Maybe this time as this flare was strong and directed right at earth.

You must have missed out on the action early in the year. People were seeing it in northern Florida.

A half a day of sunshine yesterday and now back to this overcast crap again. I'm so depressed right now. With everything going on, and NOT going on, in my life right now this is not needed. I'm really beginning to think I should have stayed out west.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Will say it again, good thing for the sandy soil or another Helene would be a risk.  Would be bad as is with this depict.   That is a 15-20 bagger there.  CMC prefers to hold energy back and give Steinhatchee more several days later.   Lots of options for what to do with all the energy and moisture injecting into the Gulf then wandering around.   EC has a Tropical Storm or Cat 1 approach Tampa then sink south in a death march toward Cuba only to survive and veer back into the Gulf. 

image.thumb.png.73c7584739126eb6203fa49c657e6617.png

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

No. It was @AccuChris . You only post Nooners. 

Nope, Bubbler did indeed post it in our thread yesterday. In fact, it's on the same page as the one that I posted from Accu Chris. 

• Like 1