• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

Their big off-season acquisition did exactly what they got him for. Crying shame to take an L after 8+ innings of 1 run baseball.
The offense is undisciplined and sorely lacking in situational hitting.
Wasn't situational hitting found to be essentially luck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some models show little in the way of sun (some peeks) for the LSV until sometime over the weekend when a front comes by to cut off the easterly flow.  Others show some tomorrow then clouding up Fri again.  Clouds up against the ridges Thur on the Nam 3k as an example.  NWS AFD speaks to this though they think the front does dissipate enough to allow some sun Thursday afternoon. 

image.png.01b5c6c3f8dc0671e509ac18e6a6d94e.png

Some models show little in the way of sun (some peeks) for the LSV until sometime over the weekend when a front comes by to cut off the easterly flow.  Others show some tomorrow then clouding up Fri again.  Clouds up against the ridges Thur on the Nam 3k as an example.  NWS AFD speaks to this though they think the front does dissipate enough to allow some sun Thursday afternoon. 

image.png.01b5c6c3f8dc0671e509ac18e6a6d94e.png
That looks like you'll be in the sun for sure. Heck, didn't you have sun yesterday?

We all voted for the vampire life up here

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

That looks like you'll be in the sun for sure. Heck, didn't you have sun yesterday?

We all voted for the vampire life up here

No sun yesterday, just Saturday I think and yea the models that show clouds hanging tough for you tomorrow do clear me out until Friday,  then cloudy again. 

No sun yesterday, just Saturday I think and yea the models that show clouds hanging tough for you tomorrow do clear me out until Friday,  then cloudy again. 
I doubt there is anyway the grass will dry enough to cut today on my day off

• Sad 1
  • 100% 1

Looking ahead into early next week, a third and more vigorous cold front will swing through the mid-Atlantic States from northwest-to-southeast spanning Sunday night to Monday evening. One or two bands of gusty showers are anticipated along and/or in advance of the front, but rainfall amounts should be on the order of hundredths or tenths of an inch south/east of the Allegheny front. Depending on the speed of the front, showers may already be east of the I-95 corridor by the Monday morning commute. In the wake of the front, gusty, northwesterly winds of 12-25 mph will usher cooler and much drier air into the Commonwealth. Dewpoints will likely be in the 40s by Monday afternoon and remain there through at least Wednesday, and high temperatures should be near or a few degrees below the 70-degree mark on Monday and Tuesday. A large, Canadian high pressure system will settle over the central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic States during the middle of next week and promote mostly sunny skies and light winds. As a result, efficient, radiational cooling will take place after sunset, and lows on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights could plunge into the 40s. I don't anticipate any early-season frost concerns, but this air mass will give us a true taste of autumn. Winds should ultimately turn west-to-southwesterly late next week on the backside of the aforementioned high pressure system, so a return of 70- to 80-degree warmth is a "good bet" next Thursday and Friday. As a whole, the weather pattern will turn drier and more pleasant from this weekend through mid-October. In aggregate, I still expect rainfall to end up below average and temperatures to be slightly above normal this month. Let's see how that forecast holds up! -- Elliott

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looking ahead into early next week, a third and more vigorous cold front will swing through the mid-Atlantic States from northwest-to-southeast spanning Sunday night to Monday evening. One or two bands of gusty showers are anticipated along and/or in advance of the front, but rainfall amounts should be on the order of hundredths or tenths of an inch south/east of the Allegheny front. Depending on the speed of the front, showers may already be east of the I-95 corridor by the Monday morning commute. In the wake of the front, gusty, northwesterly winds of 12-25 mph will usher cooler and much drier air into the Commonwealth. Dewpoints will likely be in the 40s by Monday afternoon and remain there through at least Wednesday, and high temperatures should be near or a few degrees below the 70-degree mark on Monday and Tuesday. A large, Canadian high pressure system will settle over the central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic States during the middle of next week and promote mostly sunny skies and light winds. As a result, efficient, radiational cooling will take place after sunset, and lows on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights could plunge into the 40s. I don't anticipate any early-season frost concerns, but this air mass will give us a true taste of autumn. Winds should ultimately turn west-to-southwesterly late next week on the backside of the aforementioned high pressure system, so a return of 70- to 80-degree warmth is a "good bet" next Thursday and Friday. As a whole, the weather pattern will turn drier and more pleasant from this weekend through mid-October. In aggregate, I still expect rainfall to end up below average and temperatures to be slightly above normal this month. Let's see how that forecast holds up! -- Elliott

Euro monthly is dry for October with normalish temps fwiw.

When do we get the first canderson winds of fall?

62 with drizzle, low clouds, and 8mph ese wind.
That front looks like it's going to die in the mountains while coastal trof continues it's westward march

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

62 with drizzle, low clouds, and 8mph ese wind.
That front looks like it's going to die in the mountains while coastal trof continues it's westward march

Sun won't appear until tomorrow per most modeling.  Radar does show precip moving steadily eastward, so it'll happen. 

Sun won't appear until tomorrow per most modeling.  Radar does show precip moving steadily eastward, so it'll happen. 
Until we get shift in wind we are boned. I'm not even going to attempt to cut this jungle today

Here in Chester County we finished September as the 65th coolest first month of autumn across 132 years of records - so pretty average. Below is the climate summary for the month across all 18 reporting stations. It was however the 14th driest September with an average rainfall of only 1.40"

image.thumb.png.ac7121cd93bf8251f31a0fcbb8236e5c.png

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

Until we get shift in wind we are boned. I'm not even going to attempt to cut this jungle today

I'm witha' there. Parts of my lawn have 7-8" of the greenest, fullest grass that Bubbler would be proud to own. Me...pave it.

• Haha 2

I'm witha' there. Parts of my lawn have 7-8" of the greenest, fullest grass that Bubbler would be proud to own. Me...pave it.
It's like a second spring with how lush things are now. I will remember 2024 for being a year of feast or famine. Long periods of little rain, followed by over 8" in one day in August and this 10 day stretch of almost 4" to close out a very dry mid August to mid September. My lawn seems have gone through the seasons a couple times just this summer. The other thing I've learned is that Du Bois is hotter than Chester County in this new paradigm

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

While mighty rare (only 6 times since 1893) the first measurable snow can occur in October here in Chester County PA. The last occurrence was in 2011 and was also the largest October snowstorm in county history. It was elevation driven with between 5" to 9" of snow falling across the stations over 550 ft ASL. Of note the October snow in 1972 in some areas of the county would for the most part be the only snow of the winter season. In fact at Coatesville that was the only winter that no measurable snow was recorded.

image.png.9f5b95953e23e7ee89f7ba9184dc38e9.png

The time of [mention=12693]Blizzard of 93[/mention] commeth.  GFS has it first PA snow 300+ hours out (also has a light to moderate freeze)
image.thumb.png.d3901f6da4b5aa190e6dd6675e8a7a29.png

We need a good thanksgiving snowstorm

• Like 1

Fixed
There are few things better in this world than sitting by a fire, with big window open to snow ripping at 1 am, tablet opened to this forum & various weather sites, with 3 fingers of a bookers neat in my crystal highball. Hair still wet from my recent jeb walk where I heard the gods calling of thunder in between the immense silence of heavy wind driven snow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2