• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 2 "major meso's had from .5-1.5" for most of us on their 18Z Friday runs (through now.)  Cannot speak for zones though!   Nam was a little too light in Lanco though. 

I saw several that had a plume of rainfall that extended from your area NE up through the LSV west of the river. As you said, the NAM was little light...there were at least a few runs where there was nothing at all. I saw these maps in the MA thread and just remember thinking that it was going to be a cloudy, but dry few days over this way. 

At no point since Friday has CTP had any time period here receiving more than .1". 

*I did not pay close enough attention to make a statement "a slew of models..." - that was a little strong. But combined with what I did see plus CTP's forecasts...I'm surprised by how much rain has fallen. Apparently @Jns2183 has seen the same thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I saw several that had a plume of rainfall that extended from your area NE up through the LSV west of the river. As you said, the NAM was little light...there were at least a few runs where there was nothing at all. I saw these maps in the MA thread and just remember thinking that it was going to be a cloudy, but dry few days over this way. 

At no point since Friday has CTP had any time period here receiving more than .1". 

*I did not pay close enough attention to make a statement "a slew of models..." - that was a little strong. But combined with what I did see plus CTP's forecasts...I'm surprised by how much rain has fallen. Apparently @Jns2183 has seen the same thing.

I was just pointing out that some models did show rain.  The GFS did not.  I cannot defend CTP's zones though!    Today looks like a gang buster rain day for some as well.    I missed out on most this weekend so hope to get in some today.  It has only rained about 1/3" here Fri-now.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just pointing out that some models did show rain.  The GFS did not.  I cannot defend CTP's zones though!    Today looks like a gang buster rain day for some as well.    I missed out on most this weekend so hope to get in some today.  It has only rained about 1/3" here Fri-now.   

Radar looks encouraging for you - I don't know what to expect here. At no point this weekend did I have more than a 30% chance of rain...and the same applies today. 

• Like 1

Low of 60 with .41" of rainfall, making for 2.38" over the last nine days.  Count me among those who were surprised at how bountiful and overcast this stretch has been.  One day we'll see the sun again, one day.  Thursday maybe seems like the ticket.  Man, the grass will go ballistic when that day comes.  
My grass along with the entirety of my neighborhood couldn't even wait till then to go nuts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Did anyone manage to plant any grass before this?

I planted several rectangular areas of grass to cover some areas that died due to sun and lack of rain.   Similar to putting sod down.  They are not growing much yet but will when the sun comes out for longer than 6-8 hours.  My existing grass will not grow much now but it is greening a bit.   Half of my maple leaves are down so will have to mow just to get rid of the leaves.    

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Crickets have started their planned house invasion

sounded like a cricket convention in  my garage at 5am when i was headed to the gym.

Anyone else in dire need to mow like me?  edit i guess i didn't scroll down enough to see most are in same boat

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Crickets have started their planned house invasion

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

sounded like a cricket convention in  my garage at 5am when i was headed to the gym.

Anyone else in dire need to mow like me?  edit i guess i didn't scroll down enough to see most are in same boat

Funny you mention this, my wife recently hooked up an extra TV we have in our garage (primarily to get rid of me on occasion when Penn State or Green Bay play ha) and I was out there on Saturday watching some pigskin when sure enough, I hear a couple of crickets singing their incessant tunes. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Funny you mention this, my wife recently hooked up an extra TV we have in our garage (primarily to get rid of me on occasion when Penn State or Green Bay play ha) and I was out there on Saturday watching some pigskin when sure enough, I hear a couple of crickets singing their incessant tunes. 

I guess they do not like the excessive wetness.  I have had a few in my garage as well.  

• Like 2