• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Central PA Autumn 2024

Some rainfall amounts over the last 24 hours Atglen 0.21" / East Nantmeal 0.29" / Chester Springs 0.17"/ Glenmoore 0.24" / Warwick 0.28" / Devault 0.20" / Kennett Square 0.15" / West Chester 0.26". Some additional steadier and briefly heavier rain should move through over the next couple hours especially NW parts of the county. Shower chances continue through Saturday AM before we dry out and cool down to start October.

image.png.e3fa41c401465d7f7f319213ba0e82a4.png

25 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Going on day 3 or 4 of drizzle. Weather is great for me and vampires

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

yeah, this is a nice fall day to me as well.  Hoping the cabin has a bit more color this weekend as it seems like we are a wee bit ahead of peeping schedule.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah, this is a nice fall day to me as well.  Hoping the cabin has a bit more color this weekend as it seems like we are a wee bit ahead of peeping schedule.

i like these days too, however its messing with my walking schedule. 

Isn't it to be this way through weekend?

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

From the Tropical thread

IMG_2711.jpeg.604a420df6179b03a17489dbe2c08e03.jpeg

Devastating flooding is imminent in the high country. My heart goes out to all in the storm's path.

My heart today is also sad for the people of Oakland. Today is the final home game ever for the A's, and today marks the 3rd major sports franchise to leave the city in 5 years. First it was the Warriors heading across the bay to SF, then the Raiders bolted for Sin City and now the A's will follow them after a brief stint in Sacramento. I remember vividly losing the Colts in March 1984 and I can't begin to imagine going through the loss of 3 teams in such short order. Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Devastating flooding is imminent in the high country. My heart goes out to all in the storm's path.

My heart today is also sad for the people of Oakland. Today is the final home game ever for the A's, and today marks the 3rd major sports franchise to leave the city in 5 years. First it was the Warriors heading across the bay to SF, then the Raiders bolted for Sin City and now the A's will follow them after a brief stint in Sacramento. I remember vividly losing the Colts in March 1984 and I can't begin to imagine going through the loss of 3 teams in such short order. Sad. 

I hope they sell out the game. That would be great and yes very sad!

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I hope the fans tear the Colosseum down. As the sub's (I assume) lone Raiders fan, I hope somebody takes a colossal shit atop Mount Davis and then takes the seats and throw them at Alameda county commissioners, the Davis and Fisher families. Those idiots had multiple chances to save two franchises (They were never keeping the Dubs from San Francisco, that just wasn't ever happening) and did nothing. 

If Kamala Harris cared any one bit about this country, shed order a stay of the A's move, and order Allegiant Stadium be lifted off the ground and moved to Oakland. She got that kinda sway, right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paweather said:

The game has been sold out for months. (though, they did not remove the tarps on Mt. Davis so the crowd figures to be around 45,000 instead of the 58,000 they pulled in for the Wild Card game a few years back when they opened up the entire stadium.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I hope the fans tear the Colosseum down. As the sub's (I assume) lone Raiders fan, I hope somebody takes a colossal shit atop Mount Davis and then takes the seats and throw them at Alameda county commissioners, the Davis and Fisher families. Those idiots had multiple chances to save two franchises (They were never keeping the Dubs from San Francisco, that just wasn't ever happening) and did nothing. 

If Kamala Harris cared any one bit about this country, shed order a stay of the A's move, and order Allegiant Stadium be lifted off the ground and moved to Oakland. She got that kinda sway, right?

I am staying out of that person but I agree they should have kept them from moving. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The game has been sold out for months. (though, they did not remove the tarps on Mt. Davis so the crowd figures to be around 45,000 instead of the 58,000 they pulled in for the Wild Card game a few years back when they opened up the entire stadium. 

gotcha good deal. 

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'm with you. And that's why I feel the way that I do. It's disgusting to see what certain owners have done to destroy sports franchises. 

I've been watching live coverage today on some of the Bay area channels. It's going to be interesting...they have police coming in from pretty much every county in northern CA. 

• Like 1

I'm supposed to be flying into Charlotte on Sunday for a work conference out in Asheville Mon-Wed.. No e-mails from the organizers yet, but hard to imagine that goes forward in the aftermath of region-wide historic flooding in western NC.  Hi-res models really showing how the upslope is going to result in some localized insane totals among the mountain towns.

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I have a friend of a friend who is a complete idiot hiking south on the app trail. You can guess the rest

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Oooh. Oooh. I like guessing games. 

They r-worded and unalived three hookers along the trail?

Watching Ryan Hall's mega cast of Helene, he just addressed the Villages. Could you imagine the absolute tragedy and subsequent media hyperspree that would go down if a category four or five went right up the gut with the dirty side demolishing the villages the same way Andrew obliterated Homestead? 

My God, it would be insanity. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The game has been sold out for months. (though, they did not remove the tarps on Mt. Davis so the crowd figures to be around 45,000 instead of the 58,000 they pulled in for the Wild Card game a few years back when they opened up the entire stadium.)

Mt Davis:  The highest point in PA @ 3213 Feet