Most Online
    erbsonci
    Newest Member
    erbsonci
Central PA Autumn 2024

Philly Sports is alive and well:

Phillies Division Champs

Flyers are going to make a run for their first playoff in years

Sixers are going to be 24-25 NBA Champs with the outstanding extension of Embiid and signing Paul George

Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. :D

Philly sports #1. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Red Sox are wrapping up a successful season in my eyes.  Broke the 80-win mark and competed for a playoff spot.     I think I picked them to make mid-80's for wins so they could fall a bit short of that unless they win most of their final games. 

Have you always been a fan of theirs? 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Red Sox are wrapping up a successful season in my eyes.  Broke the 80-win mark and competed for a playoff spot.     I think I picked them to make mid-80's for wins so they could fall a bit short of that unless they win most of their final games. 

If they win out they will finish with the EXACT record you predicted prior to the season.

Trust me, I know...I don't forget things like this. :) LOL

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, paweather said:

Philly Sports is alive and well:

Phillies Division Champs

Flyers are going to make a run for their first playoff in years

Sixers are going to be 24-25 NBA Champs with the outstanding extension of Embiid and signing Paul George

Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. :D

Philly sports #1. 

LOL!

• Haha 1

Week four of Jr. High Football sent my anus to Claysburg-Kimmel High School, which may be the nicest Single A football stadium in the state. Although they've spent probably 3/4 of a million dollars on artificial turfing EVERYTHING, they have such a small set of visitors benches that they roll out... in the middle of the infield of their baseball field. 

Dimensions: 300 to both left and right, 340 to left centre, and a diabolical 470 to right centre. 

This field hosted a state playoff game last year with Steelton Highspire. I don't know how they were able to house the amount of people I would expect the Rollers would turn up. 

I spent tonight knowing I could turn a double play if I needed to. 

As for the weather, it was dreary and cold with a constant drizzle. Such misery. 

IMG_20240925_165457654_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

Week four of Jr. High Football sent my anus to Claysburg-Kimmel High School, which may be the nicest Single A football stadium in the state. Although they've spent probably 3/4 of a million dollars on artificial turfing EVERYTHING, they have such a small set of visitors benches that they roll out... in the middle of the infield of their baseball field. 

Dimensions: 300 to both left and right, 340 to left centre, and a diabolical 470 to right centre. 

This field hosted a state playoff game last year with Steelton Highspire. I don't know how they were able to house the amount of people I would expect the Rollers would turn up. 

I spent tonight knowing I could turn a double play if I needed to. 

As for the weather, it was dreary and cold with a constant drizzle. Such misery. 

IMG_20240925_165457654_HDR~2.jpg

Thats a wrestling school isn't it?

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

Thats a wrestling school isn't it?

I'm not sure about their pedigree with wrasslin. My SO's oldest plays football and wrestles at Curwensville and we were at Claysburg last year for wrestling and I wasn't too impressed with their varsity squad as a whole but they had a 40-year-old man who on first watch I thought he would be a contender to win his district. 

• Haha 1