• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

37 minutes ago, canderson said:

Interesting. That doesn't match the current zone forecasts. Here's mine for Saturday: 

A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8pm and 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Same here.

14 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Anybody here concerned over reopening 3 mile island? I don't care, but was curious.

Everything is so cyclical.   10-15 years ago, no one would have dreamed of opening it and now they are opening it to power MS Data centers when companies are starting to make some movement back to bringing their IT on premise again.  If I lived within a certain range, I indeed would be a little wary.  

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everything is so cyclical.   10-15 years ago, no one would have dreamed of opening it and now they are opening it to power MS Data centers when companies are starting to make some movement back to bringing their IT on premise again.  If I lived within a certain range, I indeed would be a little wary.  

1st date I  had with my first real girlfriend was the movie China Syndrome, then it was literally a few days later the "event" at 3 mile island. I was living south of Baltimore at the time, so it never worried me. Now, probably 30-35 miles away as the crow flies, I feel I'm far enough that it doesn't bother me. That, along with the fact that it's several years away and I  figure there will be hundreds of Starlight meals that could kill me before it fires up for real.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

1st date I  had with my first real girlfriend was the movie China Syndrome, then it was literally a few days later the "event" at 3 mile island. I was living south of Baltimore at the time, so it never worried me. Now, probably 30-35 miles away as the crow flies, I feel I'm far enough that it doesn't bother me. That, along with the fact that it's several years away and I  figure there will be hundreds of Starlight meals that could kill me before it fires up for real.

Chine Syndrome was a decent movie.  'Don't worry baby, that radiation ain't got bother you when you are with big Mitch."  The Netflix Almost Documentary Fukushima is a good watch.   it is called "The Days."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Chine Syndrome was a decent movie.  'Don't worry baby, that radiation ain't got bother you when you are with big Mitch."  The Netflix Almost Documentary Fukushima is a good watch.   it is called "The Days."

Fukushima was caused by a design flaw by not having backup generators high enough in elevation. Nobody died from radiation.  By the time they plant went to hell, citizens had fled the area, assuming they hadn't drowned. It was the flooding that was the problem.