• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

We flew to London for dinner last November and came back the next day. Living life is good! 

Enjoy the trip! I’ll be in Lancaster Saturday - very exotic.  

The thought of that is so absurd to me I was literally LOLing here at my desk :lol:

Where you heading in Lanc?  We were out downtown for a bit last weekend.  Lancaster, London, basically the same thing.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The thought of that is so absurd to me I was literally LOLing here at my desk :lol:

Where you heading in Lanc?  We were out downtown for a bit last weekend.  Lancaster, London, basically the same thing.

Have to pick up the new phone at the Apple Store Saturday so going to meet friends at BierHall Brewing and then pick up some Lancaster Cupcakes on the way back home. Depending on timing, maybe even hit up Luca for pizza. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Have to pick up the new phone at the Apple Store Saturday so going to meet friends at BierHall Brewing and then pick up some Lancaster Cupcakes on the way back home. Depending on timing, maybe even hit up Luca for pizza. 

Very nice.  I haven't been to the BierHall yet, isn't that the old Jukebox nightclub?  While you're getting pizza at Luca, I'll be getting pizza at UnCommon in Bethel -- only 3,714 miles apart.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Very nice.  I haven't been to the BierHall yet, isn't that the old Jukebox nightclub?  While you're getting pizza at Luca, I'll be getting pizza at UnCommon in Bethel -- only 3,714 miles apart.

I honestly have no idea but it sounds right. I haven't been yet but have heard good things. 

Enjoy Alaska. Might be able to see the northern lights, high activity this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I honestly have no idea but it sounds right. I haven't been yet but have heard good things. 

Enjoy Alaska. Might be able to see the northern lights, high activity this weekend. 

Great call.  Weather looks good too, with highs around 50 and lows in the low to mid 30s, to go with mainly clear skies Saturday night.

• Like 1

Today some spots may see there last chance for an 80 degree high until next Spring. Our last 80 degree reading last year was on September 9th. We should see a steady cool down starting tomorrow with highs by Monday no higher than the 70 degree mark. Unfortunately our next rain chance looks to wait till the middle of next week at the earliest.
Chester County records for today: HIgh 94 degrees at Phoenixville (1983) / Low 32 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Rain 3.27" at Coatesville 1SW (1894)
image.png.d69a6b66abe3921da77fbe58292c3b14.png

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Great call.  Weather looks good too, with highs around 50 and lows in the low to mid 30s, to go with mainly clear skies Saturday night.

You were mentioning a week or two ago about how quickly we're losing daylight here - in Bethel, they're losing 5 minutes on average every single day now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I was at the Apple Store on Tuesday and my first thought upon entering the store was "I can't begin to imagine what this place is like on a Saturday."

Good luck. 

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was at the Apple Store on Tuesday and my first thought upon entering the store was "I can't begin to imagine what this place is like on a Saturday."

Good luck. 

Yeahhhhh, we have an event tomorrow to be at otherwise I'd have had it shipped to the house. They do a good job of crowd control for launch items, at least. 

4 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

For any of us "old timers" down here in exotic Lanco....the Village is reopening Friday night

It will be managed by former owner of the Chameleon night club...Rich Ruoff.  I used to road race bicycles for the Chameleon Club, as Rich was a junior olympian cyclist, and sponsored 2 teams.  We had a pretty stout squad back in the day.  He's big on the local music (and bike) scene here, and will do a good job at bringing back music to downtown Lanc.

Theres a bunch of mostly usless trivia for ya'll to chew on.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

For any of us "old timers" down here in exotic Lanco....the Village is reopening Friday night

It will be managed by former owner of the Chameleon night club...Rich Ruoff.  I used to road race bicycles for the Chameleon Club, as Rich was a junior olympian cyclist, and sponsored 2 teams.  We had a pretty stout squad back in the day.  He's big on the local music (and bike) scene here, and will do a good job at bringing back music to downtown Lanc.

Oh yes, well aware of the Village reopening!  Had many good times there back in the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

For some reason I thought he was behind that new venue in Millersville. 

8 hours ago, canderson said:

We flew to London for dinner last November and came back the next day. Living life is good! 

Enjoy the trip! I’ll be in Lancaster Saturday - very exotic.  

Lol I’ve done the same thing but to Montreal so not as exotic or cool.

• Like 1