• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

Days of south central Pa is much preferable to previous years Days of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Speaking of the Steelers, I was ringing my head trying to figure out why this year, so far, has felt much different than last despite the low scoring. I believe the answer is last year our time of possession was average the first half of the session was like 27 min and this year it's like 34 mins

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It could also be that the’ve faced an old hobbled Kirk Cousins and a clueless rookie at QB so far haha. But hey, 2-0 is 2-0!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 62. I was shocked this morning to see how that game ended last night. 

The game sure has changed over the years, hasn't it?

Eagles with a 4th and 4 early on - I'm telling my wife that they should take the points and move on, but I knew that Sirianni was going to go for it. He did, and they didn't get it. An easy call to second guess; however, there was a time when 100% of coaches in the NFL would have gladly taken the 3. The game has evolved into...gambling. LOL. Dan Campell, the Staley dude that got canned in LA are/were other coaches who wouldn't think twice about forgoing the points and gambling on getting 6. 

In that scenario, I felt strongly that you take the points. It figured to be a possession/low scoring game...it was, and those missed 3 points ended up huge.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Eagles with a 4th and 4 early on - I'm telling my wife that they should take the points and move on, but I knew that Sirianni was going to go for it. He did, and they didn't get it. An easy call to second guess; however, there was a time when 100% of coaches in the NFL would have gladly taken the 3. The game has evolved into...gambling. LOL. Dan Campell, the Staley dude that got canned in LA are/were other coaches who wouldn't think twice about forgoing the points and gambling on getting 6. 

In that scenario, I felt strongly that you take the points. It figured to be a possession/low scoring game...it was, and those missed 3 points ended up huge.

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meant to include this on my football post. Yes, an unbelievably huge drop for 2 reasons. The clock stopped AND the loss of potentially the game winning TD.

And how does the Eagles defense let a gimpy Cousins scorch them in that final drive?   I felt my own legs hurting watching Cousins tip toe around out there. 

• Like 1

Clouds should rule the sky through Thursday with small rain chances the further north and west you are from the Delaware Valley.....so for most of Chester County not much more than 0.10" or so of rain if that much! It will be increasingly muggy but temps will remain in the 70's for highs with nights in the low 60's before we turn cooler again for the weekend. By Sunday the higher spots in the County will struggle to escape the 60's for high temps.
Chester County Daily records for today: All set at Phoenixville High 95 degrees (1942) / Low 32 degrees (1986) this was the earliest recorded freezing temperature in Chester County history. / Rain 5.90" (1999)
image.png.f2e0de636c6655efbe67f7bf9fd75a7e.png

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

add Mike Tomlin to your list

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Refresh me on the origins of short pump again.  Is it some guy from another board who lives in a place with that name or something to that effect?  Somewhere in northern VA or WV?  Or am I wildly off base? haha

Wait a minute...I think you're on to something. 

Here, all along I thought it was a reference to my wife's reaction the first time she saw my...

...GPS while driving south through VA. 

*in the MA forum there was a guy who would always talk about it snowing at his place in Short Pump while nothing was happening in the I95 corridor. The metro folk got a little frustrated at the continuous reports from SW VA. :)*

• Haha 3