Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Autumn 2024

26 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Fan duel needs to come up with weather lines

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Irony in that comment is about 10 minutes before I saw your post, I said to my wife how sick I am of gambling ads. It's over the top and distracting to the game on the field. Last week an entire play was missed in the Steelers game all because they cut away from the game to get the updated lines. And yet...there's an epidemic of people who are broke due to irresponsible spending on games.

Gee, I wonder why...

Granted, I'm especially salty because I've never once placed a wager in my life. So there's that.

• Like 1

Irony in that comment is about 10 minutes before I saw your post, I said to my wife how sick I am of gambling ads. It's over the top and distracting to the game on the field. Last week an entire play was missed in the Steelers game all because they cut away from the game to get the updated lines. And yet...there's an epidemic of people who are broke due to irresponsible spending on games.
Gee, I wonder why...
Granted, I'm especially salty because I've never once placed a wager in my life. So there's that.
I put a $100 a year into the account and do $5 bets here and there. When I was younger I learned more about probability and statistics as well as systems from Vegas and fantasy sports than anything school taught me. Fantasy taught me to always look at the system as a whole to see what it valued the most which usually lead me to study different offensive system philosophies with coordinators and coaches to find value. I do agree that the commercials have turned into a swarm of locusts on the viewing experience and I've seen far far many more people do incredibly stupid things gambling than not, but that's also true for everything in life

• Like 1

I was just checking who I wanted to bet on this week.

I personally love sports gambling but I only bet $5 a game. Like everything, it’s about moderation. But I also know that I am not going to make money betting. It’s more about the fun.

293cad7fc7a544044d59699bb3389830.jpg

I did make enough off betting against Florida State at the ML so far this year. $25 bet opening night turned in $90 profit. Took $75 of it to take BC +775 to with $580 or so. Then yesterday bet $150 to win $300. So basically $975 off of $25.

A good friend of mine went to law school at FSU and is huge into its football. He had major misgivings after going down to the spring game. He has a couple buddies down there whose neighbors are in the AD department and another who does analytics for them as well as teaches I believe. All I know is he came back from a trip in July and was very doom and gloom. When I asked him how doom he showed me his $500 (half his yearly gambling budget) parlay bet taking Georgia tech and Boston college to win straight up at +4400. He took half his winnings and bet against them yesterday at +200. You can do the math if you like. Also when I spoke to him after the game yesterday he was still quite depressed, but he says he week he becomes more and more numb