Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

I saw this and said the same thing. 

AIRCRAFT CRASH-1A

186 Airport Rd

East Donegal Township

1 AIRCRAFT DOWN ON THE RUNWAY EVERYONE HAS BEEN FOUND

3 PEOPLE JUMP FROM THE PLANE THEY ARE SCATTER AROUND THE FIELD CMD 79 WANTS TO FIND AND BE CHECK BY EMS

HOLDING TO STATION 79 AND EMS CAN RECALL

NO INJURIES

INCIDENT HAS BEEN CLEARED

31 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

AIRCRAFT CRASH-1A

186 Airport Rd

East Donegal Township

3 PEOPLE JUMP FROM THE PLANE THEY ARE SCATTER AROUND THE FIELD CMD 79 WANTS TO FIND AND BE CHECK BY EMS

NO INJURIES

Wow, so there really was a crash at the Parachute airport. 

1 hour ago, paweather5 said:

AIRCRAFT CRASH-1A

186 Airport Rd

East Donegal Township

NO INJURIES

“No injuries” is all that matters. I have ~45 hours piloting a Cessna and always scary. 

• Like 1

Quite the inversion in temps across the county this morning with about an 18 degree swing from locations below 420 ft ASL like Warwick and West Bradford currently in the mid 30's while higher spots like here in East Nantmeal are in the low 50's. Once the sun gets up everyone warms up well into the 70's with some lower spots possibly touching 80 degrees! The warmth peaks tomorrow before we start to cool down closer to normal to close out this week and into the weekend. Dry weather continues all week!

image.png.51e296010bc3b9390a41a8f94a27e908.pngimage.png.863f7559d99015274367681cfbc94a80.png

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 43.  Outside of the Pacific NW, this is quite a dry 7-day look for the CONUS.

p168i.gif?1729511030

The little that is projected for our area was just introduced this morning - I was looking at the 7 day last night and all of PA southeast of the Erie Plateau was high and dry. 

• Like 1

MU talkin' drought:

Diurnal variations.. or the difference between the daily high and low temp.. have been impressive since Friday, & we'll see more of the same through midweek. Yesterday's diurnal variation at@millersvilleuwas an astounding 40°F (low: 35°F, high: 75°F), & today's may be the same!

Clear skies, very light winds, longer nights and very dry ground are contributing to our massive diurnal variations in temperature. Through #October21, a measly 0.04" of rain has fallen at @millersvilleu, and drought is engulfing much of the nation.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU talkin' drought:

Diurnal variations.. or the difference between the daily high and low temp.. have been impressive since Friday, & we'll see more of the same through midweek. Yesterday's diurnal variation at@millersvilleuwas an astounding 40°F (low: 35°F, high: 75°F), & today's may be the same!

Clear skies, very light winds, longer nights and very dry ground are contributing to our massive diurnal variations in temperature. Through #October21, a measly 0.04" of rain has fallen at @millersvilleu, and drought is engulfing much of the nation.

MUI is going off the charts with their numbers sporting a 47 degree range yesterday from a low of 33 to a high of 80.  They are already in the 70's today.  The 47  number is impressive considering it was not bound by any major frontal passages.   THV has already gone from 35 to 70 over a 3-4 hour period. 

• Like 2

Anyone have a source for greatest diurnal variation in Harrisburg history?  ChatGPT says that MUI just beat Harrisburg's record but I am assuming AI is off on this one.   I could not manipulate any of the sites I know of to give me the info.      Have not seen @Jns2183 in a while, hopefully he is ok.   Only 63 here at noon.  Mid 70's in parts of the central LSV. 

7 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Quite the inversion in temps across the county this morning with about an 18 degree swing from locations below 420 ft ASL like Warwick and West Bradford currently in the mid 30's while higher spots like here in East Nantmeal are in the low 50's. Once the sun gets up everyone warms up well into the 70's with some lower spots possibly touching 80 degrees! The warmth peaks tomorrow before we start to cool down closer to normal to close out this week and into the weekend. Dry weather continues all week!

image.png.51e296010bc3b9390a41a8f94a27e908.pngimage.png.863f7559d99015274367681cfbc94a80.png

That East Nantmeal urban heat island is growing insane. Your lows are now several degrees warmer than the lows at Baltimore!