Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

From our very good friend DT:

· 

Yes it has been a real Autumn for change with several notable cold shots and a lack of sustained Heat. This has been quite different than what we have seen over the past 20 years so it is nice to see. Unfortunately, it has been incredibly dry from the East Coast all the way to the Rockies since August and Drought conditions are rapidly intensifying across the country. D4 - Drought Condition 4-- is building across Southeast Ohio and portions of West Virginia with several areas of D3 conditions developing importance of the Midwest and the Plains. As bad as it is in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware at least some of these areas have received rainfall from recent Southeast US hurricanes.
We are in a dry dry pattern which may not change until we reach very late October or the beginning of November

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

36 for the low here.   Up to 43 already though.  Growing season and water bills march on. 

Some of the tender stuff was killed by the frost days ago. But the petunias are still blooming. They must be a little more hardy. And the grass keeps on growing, I completed another mow yesterday. Are you expecting a water delivery from Voyager soon? You said water bills march on.

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Some of the tender stuff was killed by the frost days ago. But the petunias are still blooming. They must be a little more hardy. And the grass keeps on growing, I completed another mow yesterday. Are you expecting a water delivery from Voyager soon? You said water bills march on.

He is hoarding and not offering for any cost.  Every time I call him, he mumbles something about "this is the real desert" and "next year Coachella Valley is going to kick the Bears ass".

• Haha 2

Our beautiful autumnal weather continues with unfortunately no rain in sight! We warm to well into the 70's by Tuesday with many lower elevation spots touching the 80's for maybe the final time this year. We trend cooler with temperatures getting back to or slightly below normal levels again by Friday.

image.png.a8b5e59908f6562cc168bdbf98c378cb.pngimage.png.e8d53348166c7219d777c34d8e923f32.png

49 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hadn’t actually checked at that point, was trusting Blizz, but yes I now see 38 was the number. Still not shabby for MDT. 

Yea, sorry I was not correcting you or anyone.    More pointing out how often those readings get me if I do not check the final number.  A slight tip of the cap to the rgem.  Was too cold but closer than some of the other mesos. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@Mount Joy Snowman

@Bubbler86

Please let me know where you find additional temperature readings on CTP’s website?

I usually pull up the “Regional Weather Conditions” & select MDT.

The 37 was recorded at 7 am this morning for MDT on the 5 minute temps.

IMG_7292.jpeg

Here are the actual high and lows….

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=CTP&issuedby=CTP&product=RTP

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@Mount Joy Snowman

@Bubbler86

Please let me know where you find additional temperature readings on CTP’s website?

I usually pull up the “Regional Weather Conditions” & select MDT.

The 37 was recorded at 7 am this morning for MDT on the 5 minute temps.

IMG_7292.jpeg

That is what I was talking about.  They may show 37 but it is rounded off so at the end they reported 38 as their actual 6 hour low.  So when I look at those temps, a 37 could be a 36, 37 or 38. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Up to 74 now. 

Anyone know the record high for MDT Monday the Wednesday? We prob hit 80 for all three this week. 

84/83/86

MUI just hit 79 or 80.  Must be some sort of secret military experiment going on at Indiantown Gap where they take heat from BWI and apply it there.