• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
Central PA Autumn 2024

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not realize it, but the NWS makes official calls on the growing season question.  Here are the counties where the growing season has ended as of this Am.  It does  not always apply to everyone in the county, case in point here in Far Southern Franklin where the lowest we have had is 34.  Growing season does not end for me until it gets to 28.  Some places go by first and last frost and others use 28 as the divider.  

image.png.619022ea12cf41b55c07e7ff1c0a46ef.png

I guess it is then time to perform the final mow for the season to get everything evened out and ready for the winter. I will then drive the riding mower up the hill to the railroad tracks and will await the next train. 

@Mount Joy Snowman they almost made it, good call. this may be the lowest it goes for the month.  Their low today is is only 2 below average and I suspect their high may come close to or equate that in the An range.   Unfortunately the temps over the next week are probably going to slap the snot out of the averages. 

image.png.313dca0bb11cbe64fac8dc874c325040.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pasnownut said:

like you, I've seen upper 30's since Tues AM.

Not sure if we pull off 4 in a row, but if I were hedging a bet, I'd put money on your guess.  NAM, agrees w/ you as well. 

add another to the list.

38 this am at home, 37 was as low as I saw on ride to work.  46 was also noted near mastersonville.

spotty frost, less than yesterday. 

Happy almost weekend all.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Mount Joy Snowman they almost made it, good call. this may be the lowest it goes for the month.  Their low today is is only 2 below average and I suspect their high may come close to or equate that in the An range.   Unfortunately the temps over the next week are probably going to slap the snot out of the averages. 

BWI is -2.4 for the month. Yesterday's low of 32 is in the books. Sorry TCC.

Interestingly, Mt. Mansfield in Vermont tied its 2010 record of earliest 1 foot snowfall yesterday. I wonder if TCC is headed up there to confirm the measurement?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yeah things pretty much went as expected.  I bottomed out with a 39, at which I'm currently still sitting.  Some rain anywhere in the 240 Hr range would be......nice.

• Like 3

Rgem still casting shade at chances of putting the potted plants back out until Sunday.  Lows below freezing for much of the LSV the next 2 mornings.   I more trust the RGEM with its spring radiational predicts so this will be a bit of a test in that most other mesos are 5-10 higher.    Rgem correctly predicted most of MDT and south would get no where near freezing last night. 

• Like 1

A large variation in low temperatures this AM across the county with temps ranging between 30 degrees in our relatively lower spots like Warwick to 45 degrees at higher spots like West Grove. We should see our temperatures start to finally warm back to above normal levels by this afternoon and last through Wednesday before falling back to closer to normal late October levels by the end of next week. No rain in the forecast and the outlook for the remainder of the month is dry - we have an increasing chance to be in a top 3 driest October on record. With 1963 and 1924 being the current record holder of that dubious record.

image.png.91ef516a2051a2b1e734c76c3dc5c9b2.pngimage.png.d5a9c9ea5405aeaf10e69874d9b60029.png